New brass got baked!!

Djacker

WKR
So I put 50 pieces of new nosler 300 win mag brass in the oven on a cookie sheet to speed up drying time, after I wet tumbled them. I originally had the oven on 100 degrees for 15 min, then turned off the oven. Well my wife decided to preheat the oven to 325 to cook dinner!! Brass cooked for 25 min before she relized i had brass on the rack. Brass is discolored, my question is it junk or just anneled? Thanks for the advise

4ester

WKR
So I put 50 pieces of new nosler 300 win mag brass in the oven on a cookie sheet to speed up drying time, after I wet tumbled them. I originally had the oven on 100 degrees for 15 min, then turned off the oven. Well my wife decided to preheat the oven to 325 to cook dinner!! Brass cooked for 25 min before she relized i had brass on the rack. Brass is discolored, my question is it junk or just anneled? Thanks for the advise

From a couple quick searches; You won’t anneal Brass until you get to 600+ degrees. I would think it would be just fine, and just a little discolored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
Every new brass I've ever used was smaller than my chamber with no issues with fitting. Not sure what the reason for making it smaller. Can you elaborate for my education?

Thanks

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Every new brass I've ever used was smaller than my chamber with no issues with fitting. Not sure what the reason for making it smaller. Can you elaborate for my education?

Thanks

I neck size all new brass as well. The necks are hardly ever round when you get new brass.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Why not make sure every thing is as uninform as possible, my time is basically free.

I haven't seen that it makes a difference with the virgin brass I've used. If you see a difference, then it's worry it for you.

I love my wet tumbler, but hate the drying time. Unfortunately, it'll be hot enough here in a few months that I can just set the brass outside for a few minutes. Lol

Good luck