.308 in Barrett Fieldcraft 18" or Kimber Adirondack?

OP
Fjelljeger

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks to Luke I was able to get the rifle broken in! I topped the Barrett Fieldcraft 308 with a SWFA SS 3-9x42 30mm scope with the mrad reticle with Warne Mountain Tech rings on a Talley picatinny 20moa base. We bore sighted it at 65 yards (all the range we had to work with) to make sure it would be on paper. We then shot 3 rounds, cleaned the bore, 5 rds cleaned, then 5 more rds and cleaned. All shots were with Federal Premium 180 Nosler Partitions. I fired all 13 shots with the same POA and was happy to see them all touching. Total group size was somewhere in the 1.5 to 2 inch zone. But that was just firing each string in pretty rapid succession. Once I get to a 100+ range I will dial it in. The little rifle was a joy to shoot with a very smooth action. The bore also only took 1-2 patches to come out clean. One word to describe the Barrett....handy!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks to Luke I was able to get the rifle broken in! I topped the Barrett Fieldcraft 308 with a SWFA SS 3-9x42 30mm scope with the mrad reticle with Warne Mountain Tech rings on a Talley picatinny 20moa base. We bore sighted it at 65 yards (all the range we had to work with) to make sure it would be on paper. We then shot 3 rounds, cleaned the bore, 5 rds cleaned, then 5 more rds and cleaned. All shots were with Federal Premium 180 Nosler Partitions. I fired all 13 shots with the same POA and was happy to see them all touching. Total group size was somewhere in the 1.5 to 2 inch zone. But that was just firing each string in pretty rapid succession. Once I get to a 100+ range I will dial it in. The little rifle was a joy to shoot with a very smooth action. The bore also only took 1-2 patches to come out clean. One word to describe the Barrett....handy!

Sounds like a sweet setup with the talley 20moa base and mountain tech rings. Im in the process of setting up my kimber montana 308 with the talley 20moa base, nightforce ultralight rings (just got them from 1shot gear) and a nightforce shv 3-10x44.

I’ve got a FC 308 18” on the way. I’ll say this, there’s not many more (none that I can find) out there. Gunbroker has enough of the others still for sale, but not any 18’s in 308.