Stone Glacier Weapon Sling

Mosby

WKR
I bought one and will be trying it out this year. Doesn't weigh anything and should be handy when carrying out meat and free up hands to use both hiking poles.

bowhnt

Lil-Rokslider
I got one with my pack this year. I’ll be interested to see if it scratches my gun up. I set it up like the video shows and the buckle rides on my barrel. Couldn’t seem to avoid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoWiser

WKR
I used mine quite a bit last year and liked it. Not perfect, but as good as anything I've ever used.

RCA Dog

Lil-Rokslider
I've had one for a couple years now. It works as well as anything, and I really enjoy it with shorter barreled rifles. It does wear the finish on the forestock though, so if you're concerned about it you might want to wrap it with tape or something. One downside is that there is no way to re-secure the rifle to the pack without taking it off, unless you have a buddy with you.

slowelk

WKR
I'd like to think I'm clever because I used the SG cradle and the Kifaru upper so that the rifle weight is held by the frame rather than the waist-belt, gun is under your arm, and can be taken out and put back without removing your pack. It is awesome. The barrel in my face doesn't bother me, and it is actually a nice stabilizer for my binocs. With the rifle under your arm, I did have to ditch my rangefinder pouch on my harness, so I switched to an AGC.

tttoadman

WKR
I got one with my pack this year. I’ll be interested to see if it scratches my gun up. I set it up like the video shows and the buckle rides on my barrel. Couldn’t seem to avoid it.

This where I am with it. I carry the gun high enough so it doesn't go below the belt. Hard to avoid the optics in the strap area. I actually took the top strap off. I only use it to carry in heavy or at night. If the season is live, I am carrying my gun.

fatbacks

WKR
I'd like to think I'm clever because I used the SG cradle and the Kifaru upper so that the rifle weight is held by the frame rather than the waist-belt, gun is under your arm, and can be taken out and put back without removing your pack. It is awesome. The barrel in my face doesn't bother me, and it is actually a nice stabilizer for my binocs. With the rifle under your arm, I did have to ditch my rangefinder pouch on my harness, so I switched to an AGC.

How did that work out? Thinking about doing the same thing. I really like the Kifaru setup and want to adapt it to my SG pack.

huntcoop

WKR

Can you post some pictures of your set-up?

I also wonder if it can be reset back into position as easy as the Kifaru gun bearer can be, if there is a false alarm. It looks like you could set the butt of the rifle easy enough but it seems it would be difficult to lash the upper end again while still wearing the pack.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Mystery Ranch gun sling, and like it for a few reasons -- fits on different styles/brands of packs that have a rigid waistbelt connector to the frame, functions as a nice standalone sling when the pack is off, and it is easy to reset it and get it hands free again without having to take off my pack. If I have to take off my pack in the snow, wet grass, etc., just to re-sling the rifle, forget it -- deal breaker. Just my two cents.

AK_hunter

FNG
I ran the SG gun sling and pack on my bear hunt last May. Carried the rifle/pack about 80 miles over 11 days. The rifle did rub a bit on the stock where it hangs down by the waist belt. I wrapped my stock in camp tape to keep it from rubbing the finish off.

All in all it works great. Gun is fully supported by the frame, making it easy to carry. The rifle doesn’t bounce around at all, which is nice. I personally couldn’t put the rifle back on without taking the pack off, but it wasn’t really that big of a deal. Others more flexible than myself might be able to do it though. My biggest complaint is that the tag end of the strap quick release strap kept whacking me in the face in the brutal winds we had. Pretty minor complaint.