Rifle slings

Hey guys, I am looking for some reviews on different hands free type slings. I currently am using a safari sling, like a guitar strap for guns. I was looking at the Slogan ultra flex and the Ultimate Firearm Sling.

Let’s here what you guys use or if you have tried either of the 2 I listed!

Thanks
Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xxtavixx

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly, the gun bearer is the only set up Ive seen I trust to use without having my hands on the firearm.

When not using a pack, I keep my sling mounted upside down on the firearm. Meaning the pad is on the butt of the rifle and my barrel is carried down, and the bottom of the gun faces forward. I do this because it allows me to bring the rifle up for a hot with ine hand, one motion. It took some practice to feel good about it, but now i cant figure out how I never did this

N2TRKYS

WKR
I won't have a rifle or shotgun without a Browning X-Cellerator sling. It's the best I've ever used.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
When I’m not using a gun bearer or the stone glacier setup, I just use a butler creek neoprene sling I got at Walmart, I have 2 or 3 of them that are all slightly different but all work equally well.

I don’t do as much hunting as many here but I will offer my $0.02.

I had used the claw for years but I flirted with some slings designs last year. Bought and tried 5-6 The slogan and the ultimate sling were cool. Both stunk of tire rubber out of the package. They work as advertised but I didn’t like them as much as the claw. Tired a few other nylon and neoprene Hybrids. Still preferences the claw. I actually found I liked limbsabers kodiak lite sling once I chopped off th erubber hand hold it came with. It is a few ounces lighter than the claw and has polymer hardware. I think I will be buying these going forward.

I started using the Ultimate Gun Sling this past season. I've really liked it. Doesn't slip off my shoulder, and I really like the ability to put one strap over my head if I want to climb with both hands.

GLB

WKR
I really like the Montana sling by Sinclair. Its very well made and quickly adjustable. It carries well but why I chose it over others is that it is a great shooting sling and enables you to "sling up" and get locked in.

smartweed

FNG
If you wear a day pack or frame pack, as I do at all times, the gun bearer is the only way to go. I love it so much that while I only need one, I bought two more just to have around. ...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Slogan here
No complaints
Disclaimer: I don’t gun hunt very much but the slogan does what I need.
(Mine doesn’t stink )

Do y'all just let your sling hang loose when it's not on your shoulder?

The Slogan sling is rubber, and it doesn't "hang" when the rifle is not over your shoulder, it remains pretty tight to the gun. When you "sling" the rifle over your shoulder, the sling stretches a little, and clings to your shoulder. You can let go of the rifle, and it won't slip off of your shoulder. It has a double strap, and like Fictitious stated above, you can quickly put one of the straps over your head onto the other shoulder and carry the rifle backpack style if you have to use both hands to climb or maneuver up a steep incline.

If you use a leather sling, it will probably hang loose unless you adjust it when you take it off your shoulder.

N2TRKYS

WKR
The Slogan sling is rubber, and it doesn't "hang" when the rifle is not over your shoulder, it remains pretty tight to the gun. When you "sling" the rifle over your shoulder, the sling stretches a little, and clings to your shoulder. You can let go of the rifle, and it won't slip off of your shoulder. It has a double strap, and like Fictitious stated above, you can quickly put one of the straps over your head onto the other shoulder and carry the rifle backpack style if you have to use both hands to climb or maneuver up a steep incline.

If you use a leather sling, it will probably hang loose unless you adjust it when you take it off your shoulder.

Is the Slogan one hand adjustable?

OP
T
I ordered a gun bearer nomad so I have the option of putting it on my “out west pack” and then switching it over to my back home whitetail pack. I will probably also be picking up a slogan for duck hunting and when I go out to my tower stand and don’t bring a pack. Thanks for all the input guys!