kydex cheek riser

Jason t

FNG
Has anyone tried to put a stock with a kydex cheek riser in a kifaru gun bearer? does it fit? my 56mm nxs is going to need a cheek rise et but I really don't want to part with my kifaru gun bearer.. if this is posted in the wrong place please move it to where it belongs. thank you

I am building my own Kydex cheek riser that, looks like, a version of, the Bradley BUL and I don't expect any problems, using the Kifaru gun bearer installed on, my Pack !

OP
J

Jason t

FNG
sweet. yea the 56 mm bell is kinda tall for my face without one. but aft er using the gun bearer I don't think i could go back

muddydogs

WKR
It will depend on how high a rise your talking? It will be an issue if you need a bunch of rise, might be able to mitigate the issue with keeping the riser short and away from the end of the stock.
I use the Allen stock pack were I undo the stitching around the pocket and remove it so all I have is the check piece attached to the stock then add a piece of foam under the pack to get the rise I need. I don't have a lot of rise, probably around an inch and it does make the stock fit in the Gun Bearer tighter.

Amazon.com : Allen Buttstock Shell Holder and Pouch for Rifles : Gun Ammunition And Magazine Pouches : Sports & Outdoors

I have on of these on order to check out the quality as its half the price of the Allen.
Amazon.com : Shootmy Tactical Buttstock Shell Holder and Pouch for Rifles : Sports & Outdoors

OP
J

Jason t

FNG
I like the idea of the purse of un stitching the purse/ pouch. I really don't know what I'd put in it. offsetting balance adding wieght. I might try one of those before I drill hole in my stock for a kydex riser. I had my entire rifle taped off just to bed my tail to the action

Fire_9

WKR
Take a look at the triad stock packs. The pouch is a great place to store a few rounds, a range card, and a set or two of ear plugs. I would much rather run a stock pack than a kydex riser but that's just my personal preference.

LaHunter

WKR
I recently installed a Karsten Kydex cheek riser on my rifle. It does not appear that I will have any issues using my Kifaru Gun Bearer. The riser does not interfere with the fit.

Hope this helps

weaver

WKR
Those stock packs don't go so well with a gun bearer in my experience. Stock can't fully seat in the bearer and is more prone to flopping around.

OP
J

Jason t

FNG
Those stock packs don't go so well with a gun bearer in my experience. Stock can't fully seat in the bearer and is more prone to flopping around.

this Is what i was worried about. I think the triad pack is a great idea but this

muddydogs

WKR
I don't want anything hanging off my stock adding weight and messing with the balance that's why I cut the bag off. Triad dose sell a pack without a pocket but its $30, if I only needed one I would probably go with it but since I need one for about every rifle I own I use the cheaper Allen Gear pack.