140gr Berger Elite Hunter

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I recently purchase a Christiansen Arms Mesa in 6.5CM and I'm looking to finally fling some rounds down range.

I'm looking to use this rifle for mtn mule deer, antelope and mtn goat.

I've got my eye on the new Berger Elite Hunter but there aren't a ton of reviews yet. I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on this bullet. Good, bad and ugly. I'm also eyeing the 143 ELD-X

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

marktole

WKR
I don't have any experience with the new Berger Elite Hunters, but I have shot the 143 ELD-X 6.5's through a new rifle recently and they performed wonderfully. I've heard several people say they've had good accuracy from them as well, so I'd say for sure get a box of those to do some testing too.

Im pretty sure its just the 140 Target Hybrid with a thinner jacket. That bullet has been a favorite since it came out and has been easy to get to shoot in multiple rifles for me.

Can't go wrong with that or the 143 ELDx IMO.

ckleeves

WKR
I loaded them in my Creed for last season and I took a buck and a friend also took a buck with my rifle using them. They work fine, typical Berger performance. The 143 ELDX was actually more accurate in the Creed I had but the Bergers could be pushed quite a bit faster and were still very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk