Trigger Tech vs Timney for Model 700

codym

WKR
Is one easier to install than the other, or is it more or less the same process? I've watched a few videos on the the Timney and it seems fairly straight forward.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Both are pretty simple

Someone posted online once that they had issues with a TT failing safety checks once the pull weight was lowered.

I have only seen this once from that person, on Reddit I believe. Anyone had an experience like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
They did have an issue early on with model 700 actions. But the issue has been resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
"Is one easier to install than the other, or is it more or less the same process? "

remingtons just have the two pins to knock out. customs typically have 2 screws that drop out the trigger hanger with the trigger on it. after the trigger hanger is out you can knock out the two pins to remove the trigger.

in my photo above you can see part of the trigger hanger in the top left of the pic. trigger hangers make it easy to remove the trigger fast for cleaning or repair. as to cleaning - I have never had any luck cleaning a jewell with ligher fluid or brake cleaner and air to get one working when it messed up. the only recourse it to take it apart. also when apart and cleaning I have never found the dirt that caused the problem. wipe down each piece and put it back together and viola a new one ounce trigger.