Night sights for Ruger Super Redhawk?

FlyGuy

WKR
Need some quick from the gun gurus!

1st bear hunt in 20 days, western MT. Picked up a 480 Ruger Alaskan a few months ago for grizzly protection for this hunt, but as life generally goes this trip snuck up on me w/o getting the factory sites upgraded to a tritium version. Now im a little under the gun (pun intended) to get them ordered, installed, and get some range time in with the new set; so I really want to get this right on the 1st try. For those with more experience than I with these revolvers, is there a generally preferred set? I'd like tritium on both the Front & Rear sights, a quick scan shows most only have a front sight that glows (with a cheap rear that doesn't look worth installing over the factory?)?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ruger might sell some on their online store, you could als look at Gemini customs, they used I make some, maybe they still do. I think I’ve seen some made by bi-viz.

Otherwise, get some flaurescent orange nail polish and paint the front sight ramp and use t while you look for the sights you want.

deadwolf

WKR
Agree with newmexican on the orange nail polish or Tester model paint, if you aren’t able to get anything prior to your hunt.

I opted for Fiber optic front sights on my 454 Ruger Alaskan 2.5” barrel. There is a red on the front and blacked out rear. On such a short pistol I want to concentrate on that front sight above all else and the fiber optic is like a glowing beacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shooter77

FNG
I think you’re better off leaving the gun as it is, assuming you’ve spent enough time with it to be comfortable/competent. <20 days isn’t much to change up the gun you could potentially(tiny chance, but still) bet your life on..... I think at this point that money is better spent on more ammo and range time. Just my opinion and not worth much!
If you’re set on changing, I believe that XS makes a set for the Alaskan. V notch rear and a Big Dot front. I think this is a great set up for a gun with your intended use.

Last edited: