Weatherby Ultra Light

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago, I had a Weatherby SBGM (Super Big Game Master) in a 300 WM. The SBGM was the same rifle as the UL, only it had a tan stock and blue/black barrel and action. Anyhow, I traded it away and have missed it ever since.

I'm looking for a new light/ultra light rifle and since I can't justify a NULA at this point in time, I'm torn between the Fieldcraft and a new UL.

Are there any glaring issues with the newly made UL rifles? Who is currently making their stocks and manufacturing their barrels?
How's the accuracy with the new rifles?

Any info you could provide me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The MKV ULW are really nice rifles, and on the one my dad uses accuracy has never been an issue, he’s strictly a hunter though not a target shooter, he does shoot steel plates but he dosent go out and measure groups, just tries to hit plates so I can’t say the gun is a sub MOA gun or anything but I can’t imagine it isn’t a sub MOA rifle. Awhile back I was sort of interested in getting one in 308 but when I realized that it’s the same sized action as their long action guns I figured for a 308 there were better options.

I grew up shooting weatherby rifles and the ULW is one of. Y favorites of all the ones I’ve had and used over the years and I’ll probably get one since I like the one my dad has so much, he’s used it on all sorts of animals and even a sheep last year, some people seem to think that it’s too lite of a set up for 300wby and they have accuracy issues but we havnt seen that on ours.

The stocks are made by B&C but what I’ve seen on weatherby rifles (MKvs and vanguards) is that they are different than other B&C off the shelf stocks, as far as I know all the ones weatherby uses are made specifically for weatherby and aren’t available otherwise, they also seem a bit nicer than other B&C stocks I’ve seen and used.

OP
S

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting point pertaining to the action size. That piece of information had escaped me.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yeah honestly I don’t see the point of buying a weatherby unless you want a weatherby caliber. For standard cartridges I just think there’s better options.

On that note, you might check out the weatherby vanguard back country.

4ester

WKR
I handled a few of them at the Western Expo. Gun itself seemed nice enough, but I will also say that the triggers were far from impressive. More creep then an old man selling ice cream out of an econoline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
i handled a few of them at the western expo. Gun itself seemed nice enough, but i will also say that the triggers were far from impressive. More creep then an old man selling ice cream out of an econoline.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

lmao!