Nightforce shv issues?

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
Thought I'd get some more input from some shooters on here. My buddy has a 6.5 creed ridgeline with a mounted nightforce shv 4-14 He put dnz rings and bases on the rifle. The rifle groups great, but when he starts to dial it is not tracking with his data and when he goes back to the zero stop his zero is way off. I think it's a ring and base issue, but could it be the scope? Any thoughts would be appreciated. TIA

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

weaver

WKR
I think good groups would rule out a mounting issue.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I did a tall target test with my 5-20 SHV last weekend and had perfect tracking vertically with less than 1% error and all groups under half inch outside. Dialed 30 Moa up, 20 up 10 left, 20 up 10 right, then centered 10 Moa then to zero and put my last shot in the same hole as my 2-3 shots to confirm zero. 12 shots total from a 7mm STW. Windage I was 10.25” each direction instead of 10 so I put in a 2% correction

Did he confirm true zero before dialing and measure the actual distance to the target and measure impact locations? Bryan Litz has a good video on this procedure and it’s easy to think tracking is off until you actually calculate out the distance and measurements for the dialed correction.

OP
NaturalJon

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
Just an example tonight at 100 zero. Stacked 2 bullets dead zero. Dialed up 7 clicks hit dead on at 200 (+3.5") Back down to zero stop and it impacted 2" high for 4 shots. Never came close to getting back to zero.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That’s unfortunate hopefully the 3-10x44 that’s going on my kimber dosent have issues.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
That’s unfortunate hopefully the 3-10x44 that’s going on my kimber dosent have issues.

That one did perfect in the tracking test my buddy and I did of like 15-20 different scopes. Atleast dialing to 50 MOA and back.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
The other weekend I was dialing 21ish MOA on my SHV 4x14 with zero issues returning to zero.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk