Stock recommendations for Tikka T3x in 300 win Mag

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in the process of building a Tikka T3x in 300 win Mag with a Hardy CF barrel, and am trying to select a good stock for the build. I’m planning to use the rifle for hunting and general long range shooting, so want to keep the weight somewhat in check. I’m looking at McMillan and Manners, and would like to keep the weight of the stock at or below 2.5 lbs. any recommendations?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The one they talk about on that tikka article on the rockslide front page seems pretty rad. Wildcat customs?

FURMAN

WKR
I’m in the process of building a Tikka T3x in 300 win Mag with a Hardy CF barrel, and am trying to select a good stock for the build. I’m planning to use the rifle for hunting and general long range shooting, so want to keep the weight somewhat in check. I’m looking at McMillan and Manners, and would like to keep the weight of the stock at or below 2.5 lbs. any recommendations?

Check out the carbon stock Stocky’s sells. Close to wildcat weight with little to no work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Decker9

WKR
I used a B&C on my t3 300wm and really liked it. I set my 300 into my wildcat stock for a couple shots (19oz), dang near tore my shoulder off lol. Mind you I’m pretty boney, if you’d like lightbweight tho, wildcat stocks are tough and feel great. The B&C definetly tamed the recoil a bit better tho

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The foreend on stockys and wildcat are probably too small since I believe he has a carbon fiber barrel (I presume that is what CF meant). I have a Mcmillan game scout(? I think scout, could be hunter) on my carbon barrel T3x. Its the standard fill and meets the weight criteria, going edge fill would have saved a few more ounces but price was right on the standard fill. :)