CA Mesa Vs Bergara Ridge/Hunter

NDGuy

WKR
Now that CA announced they will be making a lefty Mesa, I am torn between the two companies. It hasn't been announced but I believe Bergara will have one of their $800 rifle line available in LH next year.

I have seen lots of info on the Mesa but not a whole lot on here concerning the Bergara. Does anyone have experience with them? All I have heard is they are great shooters and you are getting a bit more bang for your buck vs a Tikka. Are the features of the Mesa enough to justify the $400-500 over the Bergara and Tikka?

I currently have a Tikka T3 30-06 and Ruger Predator 6.5. Looking to get a .300 if Bergara comes out with one, but I also like the idea of a 7mm-08 or 6.5 Mesa as well. Maybe trade in the Predator towards it.

Dude how's that Ruger 6.5!? I'm looking into getting one.
Now that CA announced they will be making a lefty Mesa, I am torn between the two companies. It hasn't been announced but I believe Bergara will have one of their $800 rifle line available in LH next year.

I have seen lots of info on the Mesa but not a whole lot on here concerning the Bergara. Does anyone have experience with them? All I have heard is they are great shooters and you are getting a bit more bang for your buck vs a Tikka. Are the features of the Mesa enough to justify the $400-500 over the Bergara and Tikka?

I currently have a Tikka T3 30-06 and Ruger Predator 6.5. Looking to get a .300 if Bergara comes out with one, but I also like the idea of a 7mm-08 or 6.5 Mesa as well. Maybe trade in the Predator towards it.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Dude how's that Ruger 6.5!? I'm looking into getting one.

I like it for what it is, a $400 rifle.

Stock is pretty rough, action is meh. But shoots well and it comes threaded.

Hey that's cool with me. That's the price range I'm looking for. Not a long range percsion guy. So as long as it shoots accurate at normal ranges "Meh" is alright with me! Ha-ha. Thanks for letting me know.
I like it for what it is, a $400 rifle.

Stock is pretty rough, action is meh. But shoots well and it comes threaded.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you just don’t like trading guns around, I’d go Mesa now rather than wait a year. If Bergera (sp?) brings a LH in a year, that CA will sell easy enough as long as you price it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk