Bino Harness with Shoulder Holster

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about getting a chest holster for backpacking. I currently have an old S&W model 19 in 357 but I'm probably going to get a Glock 20 so I can keep the nice nickel finish on my S&W. It seems like the best option for carrying a Glock 20 while backpacking is a chest/shoulder holster. Anyone have any idea if this can work with my vortex bino bivy? I'm thinking it may be too much crap and straps on my chest. Or any other ideas how to carry? I currently use a low hanging hip holster, kinda looks like an old west style, that doesn't interfer with a waist pack. Wouldn't mind something like it either but for the Glock.

SoDaky

WKR
20 works with some holsters on some pack waist belts.Exo discusses options on their website.Blackhawk Serpa for example.

I use a Gunfighters Inc Kenai holster for my Smith 69 under my AGC bivy. Works perfectly!
31ca07269e5a6d3f882ff255d5d910fa.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Eberlestock has several combo units. Two sizes in Scout and a larger version with name that slips me...
I have the small Scout and slip my Browning 1911-22 in the back pocket. works great.

OP
applepie_eli

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
Eberlestock has several combo units. Two sizes in Scout and a larger version with name that slips me...
I have the small Scout and slip my Browning 1911-22 in the back pocket. works great.

Just looked at their website, guessing its the Nosegunner you're thinking of? This looks like a great concept, I would only be worried about it being secure enough while I'm crawling around and jumping over logs or whatever. Definitely going to check it out, thanks!

Steven C

FNG
I ran the Nosegunner for a couple of years. Yes your gun can fall out easily. What I did was took a small bungee cord and cut the hooks off. Then I ran it through one of the molle loops on the back. I tied a knot in it and left the ends about 1 1/2” long. I put my glock 20 in it and pulled the bungee loop over the grip. When I got the knot where I wanted for proper tension I shrunk a piece of shrink tubing over both loose ends to create a pull tab. After that it was awesome. I have switched to a AGC harness for a little more storage and a lid without a magnetic closure, and gave the Nosegunner to my dad. I can get a pic of it this weekend. I hope this helps. Now I’m going to try the Kenai like the pic above.