Mesa vs B14 Ridge

300 Win mag will be the caliber.

The B14 Ridge is 700 roughly and comes threaded. Fits well. Has a decent stock. Heavier barrel. Overall heavier by 3/4 lb (a plus for me).

The Mesa is 1200 roughly. It is cerakoted, Trigger Tech trigger, smaller barrel contour (con for me), comes with muzzle break (I would prefer side ported).

Assuming both will require to buy a muzzle break that I want (if I decide to use it). Both are 24 inch barrels. Both have good accuracy reviews. Both are 700 clones so after market support is great.

Any experienced shooters have a reason to see a 300 to 400 difference in the price. If not, I'll likely get the Ridge and put the extra 400 to 500 into glass, muzzle break, bipod etc.

Are there any other rifles in this class to consider, I would prefer a 26 inch barrel (Tikka mag length is an issue as is Browning Xbolt platform and I don't like the rotary mags)?

If it matters I do reload and mag length doesn't appear to be an issue with either

satchamo

WKR
I don't have any experience with the Mesa but I've heard nothing but good things. That said I've handled a ridge at a local gun shop and really liked it. As far as I know they have a 700 footprint (I think the mesa does as well) so upgrades would be numerous. I'm not sure how the bergera triggers are, but you could drop a timney in it, throw a brake on the end and still be money ahead with only a minor weight addition which for a 300 win would be better anyways.

That said, handle both if you can. I couldn't find the Mesa anywhere near me so I passed on it for that reason when I was searching. I have to handle a rifle if I'm spending that kind of $.

Hope this helps!

OP
T
I have handled both and I like both. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something as to why the Mesa is that much more.

To me they are the same gun with different triggers, cerakpte, and muzzle break being the only differences I notice

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks like you named the differences and those add ons on the Mesa would total about the difference in price.