Budget bolt action 6.5 creedmoor recommendations

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
I archery hunt 99% of the time and do not follow up much on the firearms side of things. I have been doing some research but I would like to hear the rokslider recommendations. I have no more than $1500 to spend on a bolt action 6.5 creedmoor(gun only not including optics in the 1500) In your opinion What would be the best bolt action gun in my budget taking accuracy and lightweight into consideration? Not looking to build a 1000 yard tack driver here, just looking for a decent lightweight all around gun. Thanks for any replies in advance.

rlmmarine

WKR
Go with the tikka t3x super light you'll have considerable money left over for optics and it's light not as light as the kimber but light and sub moa
Thank me later :)

codym

WKR
I think tikka is probably the best weight /accuracy package. I have seen some really impressive patterns from a couple savage LRH but likely a bit heavier than the Tikka.

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Agree on the Tikka SL. I have one with a SWFA 3-9 on it. Shoots really well. Sub moa no problem. Relatively light even with a heavy scope. Been really happy with it. You'll be under budget and you can buy a tag or two.

Might take a look at the Kimber Montana over at Whittakers..combined with a Leopuld scope they have on sale.. great combo in that price range.

kickemall

WKR
Agree on the Tikka SL. I have one with a SWFA 3-9 on it. Shoots really well. Sub moa no problem. Relatively light even with a heavy scope. Been really happy with it. You'll be under budget and you can buy a tag or two.

Thats a pretty tough combo to beat.

hodgeman

WKR
I wouldn't consider $1500 a "budget bolt action"...at that price range, there are a pile of good choices. A Barrett Fieldcraft can be found for that and they are typically 1/2 MOA rifles that weigh in at almost 5 pounds on the nose. Hard not to like that.

Christensen, Tikka, and a whole host of others would also be great choices.

Budget to me would be 700$ or less for bare gun

Fwiw guns and ammo just did a write up on Sauers 100 new economy bolt gun. At 6.5lbs shooting 1/2" groups it's going to carry a street price of about $500. I'm struggling to find something bad about it...

OP
J

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
Hodgeman- was referring to the 1500 more as "my budget"I'm liking the price of the tikka.... Barret field craft is a new one to me I'll have to give that a glance and re-look Christensen website, last time I was browsing there everything seemed way out of my Priceline.... Must of just went straight to all the fancy expensive models.

NDGuy

WKR
Haha when I read "Budget" 6.5 CM I came in to suggest the Ruger American Predator. $1500 opens up a lot of doors for you. Check out Bergara as well.

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
Christensen mesa, tikka, and browning are going to be your best options for your description imo

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
I considered all of the one's listed above and finally decided on the Browning XBolt Hells Canyon LR. Went to pick it up and went home with a "budget" Gunwerks RevX that was marked down to $2999. :cool: It's double on what I planned on spending, but man it is a SWEET rifle. Is it worth twice as much as the Browning, Christensen, Barret or Tikka? Probably not...but it is nice. Seriously, from the one's listed above, you really can't go wrong.

Nuke Man

WKR
When I read budget I was all ready to come in and recommend a Ruger American Predator. Your "budget" is much higher than mine!