Accurate 22 bolt action?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have two Ruger American Rimfire 17HMR's. If their 22's are anything as accurate as their 17's, I'd pick up one of those in a heartbeat. I've shot 25 shot groups at 100 yards that I could cover with a quarter.

wildcat33

WKR
452s are pretty cheap on Buds right now. Ive got a down payment on a T1x from whittakers but importation has been delayed. No word on arrival on those in the US. Ive seen estimates of September.

I have a CZ 455 tacticool that I haven't been overly impressed with. It doesnt feed very well and i haven't found ammo that it shoots particularly well yet out of 4 different choices.

I have a Winchester model 52b sporter that is more accurate than I am.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Trial, That Winchester 52B is about the ultimate in a fine .22!!!!! Worth more than my Swaro binos and spotter combined if its in good shape! But I can't complain with a Cooper M57 Sporter, CZ455 American Switch Barrel, a beautiful figured wood stocked Ruger 10-22 Sporter with a Shilen barrel and Timney trigger plus the old Winchester M69A in the safe...I like .22s.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Googled CZ , looks good and the price isn’t bad,,$450 is probably max I would like to spend. Is .25 inch group at 25 yds really good, great or poor? Not sure how lofty my shooting and accuracy goals should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can probably get one for closer to 400 bucks on gunbroker, I think even sportsman’s had them for 399.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If you're looking at the CZ, I would also consider the new Tikka T1X; I think it's a little bit more expensive, but still just under $500. Check Whitakers. It's a brand new model, so it doesn't have the proven track record that some of the other suggestions do, however I would be very surprised if it wasn't an accurate, reliable firearm. I'm holding off on ordering one until I've had a chance to check it out in person.

Unfortunately tikka just laid down the law about their pricing and what dealers can sell them and advertise them for. Looks like the flat rate for a t3x is now 750.00 when a week and a half ago you could get one from Whitaker’s with their 10% code for ~560.00.

I wonder how that’s going to affect the tikka rimfire prices.

Trial153

WKR
Trial, That Winchester 52B is about the ultimate in a fine .22!!!!! Worth more than my Swaro binos and spotter combined if its in good shape! But I can't complain with a Cooper M57 Sporter, CZ455 American Switch Barrel, a beautiful figured wood stocked Ruger 10-22 Sporter with a Shilen barrel and Timney trigger plus the old Winchester M69A in the safe...I like .22s.
...you got quite a collection yourself!! Great taste in 22s !!
9f4ecd9eed53170f612a092ccc2288ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Peddler, Old Kimbers are great too. I'd like to try one, as well as an Anschutz 54 someday.

I've owned and sold a Remington 541S, two heavy barrel Winchester M52's (a pre-A and an E), Winchester M75 heavy barrel and a Belgian Browning T-2 T-Bolt I bought new in High School. Don't miss them with the others I presently own, although the Remington 541S was probably the most accurate of any I had (Cooper is very close).

BAKPAKR

WKR
Black dawg, I am using normal centerfire scopes. My 4.5-14 has an adjustable objective that goes close enough for me. Parallax does not seem to be a big issue with the 1-4. I have a 5-15 with mil-dots and AO on a heavy barrel 10/22. My daughter has a Weaver 2-7 rimfire scope on her 22. It is a nice scope.

The CZs are grooved for rings. I am not sure about the 455s but some models of the 452, like the American, use 3/8” scope rings, while some, like the varmint, use 11mm (measurement referring to the groove width). There are a couple of companies that make picatinny rails that secure to the grooved receiver by various methods. Then, you can use any type of ring that would fit a picatinny rail. You can also get the picatinny rail with some built in MOA. That helps if you want to stretch your 22 to longer ranges. With a 50 yard zero, I have a little over 40 MOA drop at 300 yards.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I forgot to mention. While I jumped on the CZ bandwagon, my brother got a Savage Mark II TR. His is a very accurate rifle.

Trigger06

FNG
The CZ 455 has an 11mm dovetail rail on top. You'll need to get a set of rings to fit. BKL, Talley, Warne, Burris and others in sure make rings to fit.

OP
B

blackdawg

WKR
I bet the groups you can shoot with that gun are impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay03

WKR
I have a CZ 455 tacticool that I haven't been overly impressed with. It doesnt feed very well and i haven't found ammo that it shoots particularly well yet out of 4 different choices.

Really? I have a tacticool and its been shooting great for me with most ammo except the really high velocity varmint stuff, usually loaded with 30 grain bullets. Anything 40gr and standard velocity has done really well. CCI standard velocity has been the best so far. I shoot it suppressed so using standard velocity is nice because its super quiet.

rayporter

WKR
cz 452
the top 2 targets are 452's----mike always wins because he spends hundreds of dollars a year on finding the right ammo. the rest of us shoot wolf match [cheap]---only an annie will beat the cz.

vyx2loy.jpg