Looking for a new rifle

TWG0572

WKR
I just looked and they have lots of 7mm Superlites. You can get one from a different store and they will ship it to a store near you

If you want the sale price you have to order it from the website and have it shipped to the store. For some reason, not all of the advertised sales online are matched in store which is stupid and annoying.

When I was in there today to pick mine up, the only advertised deal was for the blued t3x lite for 499, they did have some in 6.5.

When I called a couple days ago they told me that they would honor the online sale price on all superlite’s that they had in the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
When I called a couple days ago they told me that they would honor the online sale price on all superlite’s that they had in the store.

Well count yourself lucky then, maybe the manager at your store is better than the one where my friends went, I sent several people in only to be turned away.

Well count yourself lucky then, maybe the manager at your store is better than the one where my friends went, I sent several people in only to be turned away.

I guess I’m not that lucky after all. I went by the store yesterday and the guy behind the firearms counter said that he didn’t think I could purchase the T3X superlite for the online price. He ended up calling me today and confirmed that the in-store price was $800, $50 more expensive than the regular online price, and $150 more than the online sale price. So basically, even though they have two 6.5 CM’s in the store, if I want one for the $650 price, I have to order it online and then they will ship it for free to the store, then I go there and pick it up. He did not have a reason why it works that way with Sportsmens Warehouse. So basically, as far as I’m concerned, that’s good enough reason for me to go ahead and hold onto my money as they just talked me out of buying one of their rifles. I’m kind of stubborn that way.

I guess I’m not that lucky after all. I went by the store yesterday and the guy behind the firearms counter said that he didn’t think I could purchase the T3X superlite for the online price. He ended up calling me today and confirmed that the in-store price was $800, $50 more expensive than the regular online price, and $150 more than the online sale price. So basically, even though they have two 6.5 CM’s in the store, if I want one for the $650 price, I have to order it online and then they will ship it for free to the store, then I go there and pick it up. He did not have a reason why it works that way with Sportsmens Warehouse. So basically, as far as I’m concerned, that’s good enough reason for me to go ahead and hold onto my money as they just talked me out of buying one of their rifles. I’m kind of stubborn that way.

This is basically what happened to me. Ordered online ship to store. When I showed up the guy said I was smart to order online because only the blued models were on sale in store. So we get to the front to pay, and the lady tries to charge me another $100 to make up the difference between the online and in store price. I explained the discrepancy and they honored the online price I had already paid, so we were square. $700 all told with tax and background check.

$700 all told with tax and background check.
$700 all told with just the tax right? They don't charge you for a background check, do they?

I've spent a fare amount of $$ at Sportsman's over the last couple decades and I've had multiple issues with their CS and just the way they run their business in general. This kind of thing just rubs me the wrong way. We have plenty of local competition here in the Anchorage area, I think I'll just start taking my business somewhere else.

$700 all told with just the tax right? They don't charge you for a background check, do they?

I've spent a fare amount of $$ at Sportsman's over the last couple decades and I've had multiple issues with their CS and just the way they run their business in general. This kind of thing just rubs me the wrong way. We have plenty of local competition here in the Anchorage area, I think I'll just start taking my business somewhere else.

That includes the background check. In Colorado the state runs the check and there’s a legislated maximum they’re allowed to charge of $15. Sportsman charges the maximum to run it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

I’m with you on this one, I actually called their head office about this issue and was basically told that the individual stores may or may not honor online prices and it’s up to them. My dad is heading over today to try and get the sale price on a SL but I’m not holding out too much hope on it. It really sucks that SW is the only place to get a superlite....unless you want to pay cabelas mark up.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

My dad just sent me a message, he was able to score a superlite in 6.5cm for the online sale price (650.00) with no trouble. I was surprised since several of my friends have been flat out shit down by the gun counter managers when asking for the sale price.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That includes the background check. In Colorado the state runs the check and there’s a legislated maximum they’re allowed to charge of $15. Sportsman charges the maximum to run it.

Wait you buy a gun from them and they charge you for a background check?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Mine was $650 out the door no questions asked. Would rather buy online and ship to store for free and know its there anyways over driving down there and hope they have one in the caliber you want and then hope they honor online. Free ship to store covers all your bases and no drama. Super easy and smooth.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Mine was $650 out the door no questions asked. Would rather buy online and ship to store for free and know its there anyways over driving down there and hope they have one in the caliber you want and then hope they honor online. Free ship to store covers all your bases and no drama. Super easy and smooth.

That’s definetly the way to go but last week, most calibers were sold out online. I went
Back and forth with a few locations before I found one that would honor the price, it was a hassle but worth it.