New 300 win mag suggestions

WKR
Actually slower twist = 150/165 grain bullets. I'd also double check scope mounts, scope, and all screws.

Jimss

WKR
I have a Sako Finnlight in 300 WSM. It hardly kicks, is pretty light weight, and I can shoot fairly tight groups. I had a Remington 300 before that. It had fairly tight groups to start but I could barely shoot 1' groups at 100 yards about 7 years into shooting lots of loads through it.

Pro953

WKR
I have tried federal soft point(just to get trigger time) hornady precision hunter, federal trophy bonded, and Barnes ttsx all around 180gr as I have heard that about the slow twist. Maybe I need to just try some heavier bullets. The Barnes was the best, the other 3 shot all over

Being in CA we are running copper these days so I shoot mostly Barnes and Nosler. The best load for my T3X 300 Win Mag is the Barnes TSX 165 grain. It’s a bench load running ramshot magnum. That said the rifle shoots the Vor-TX box stuff pretty well. If you ran the Barnes stuff in 180 last time. Try a box of 165’s I think you will have good luck with them.

I am pretty sure the rough tech barrel is quite similar to the Tikka so it may work for you.

I have tried 150’s up to 200 grains. I am shooting at just about sea level and much over 175 grains with the long copper stuff things open up. I tried the 200 grain LRX early on. Boy did those things tumble!

Take all of this with a grain of salt though as I have only been shooting for a few years and reloading for one. Just my personal experience.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk