FNX 45 Tactical Trigger Job

treillw

WKR
Any recommendations for somebody reputable to do a trigger job on the FNX 45 Tactical?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You could contact Bruce gray at gray guns, I’m not sure he does FN but it’s worth a look.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
While scoping out a few FNX 45 Tactical pistols at local stores, I noticed that some of them have better triggers than others. Exact same model gun, but in a different color and some are noticeably better. Why is this? Inconsistent manufacturing? One has been around and been dry fired more than the other??

I want to buy one of them. The one with the best trigger is $1200, and I should be able to get it for $1100. I can get another one across town for $1025, but the trigger isn't as good on it. I will probably get the trigger worked on regardless of which gun I buy for ~$60.

Is there any reason to pay more for the gun with the better trigger if I am going to get it worked on either way? I just wonder if the gun that is already better will still be better than the other one after the trigger work is complete on both guns.

I don't think a gunsmith would be planning on doing anything too crazy with it - just polishing some stuff up. Trigger work on the FNX is pretty tricky as I understand it.

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
The actual polishing of the parts isn't tricky at all but getting the trigger pack apart and back together is a nightmare.