CA Mesa vs X bolt HC speed

WIWapiti

FNG
I've seen both get good marks here but would love some input regarding these rifles in trigger qualities, bolt throw (I like a lower scope), if that 2" more of barrel makes a huge different out West, the 1:10 vs 1:8 rate, or anything I may be overlooking. The Cerakoting is a big sell for me. I love that they are similar priced and similar weights. I've never had a rifle of this quality and would like to make the best informed decision I could. Would be in a 300 Win Mag.

amassi

WKR
The x bolt wins on bolt throw 60*
The Mesa has a better trigger
Faster twist would be nice if you plan on shooting the heavy for caliber. If sticking with factory or common win mag projectiles its moot.
The 24" tube on a belted magnum seems silly. That being said many millions of deer and elk have fallen prey to 24" belted magnums.
I prefer the floor plate on the Mesa over browning plastic magazine
Tough call really...

Both great value that will give anything you point them at a dirt nap.
Fwiw- the x bolt feels handier to me

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2five7

WKR
The X-bolt is a bit lighter, and has the longer barrel. The Mesa will handle a bit longer cartridges, but with the 24" barrel that may not matter. The Browning triggers are pretty nice if you swap out the spring.

I went back nad forth between the Ridgeline and the Hells Canyon LR McMillan, ended up buying the Browning, and I love it. But, Im sure I would love the CA rifle also. The 60 degree bolt was a major factor in my decision.