Christensen arms mesa 6.5 creedmoor distances

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
I am an archery hunter at heart. But I have my eyes set on getting a Christensen arms mesa 6.5... seems to have a 22" barrel on the shorter end to keep it lighter weight i'm guessing. I just want to get my feet wet at the range shooting out and practicing at longer distances for a while before taking it out hunting. For those of you shooting that caliber and model, what kind of distances are you getting...consistently and accurately. Really looking to hear from someone who shoots longer range daily. And I would be reloading my own rounds.

Thanks in advance!

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Barrett FC in 6.5 CM with a 21" barrel, it shoots below moa out to 700 for sure. The length of barrel doesn't mean much, it comes down to how accurate a rifle is and at what velocity a given projectile stays supersonic at the max distance you want to shoot. RL 16 and 26 have given very good velocity and accuracy in a short barrel with 130-147 grain bullets.

FURMAN

WKR
My Mesa 6.5 CM was holding .5 out to 875 yards. You need to look at the ballistics for the Creed. I would not be shooting animals at that distance with most loads out of the Creed. I really feel you need more energy/velocity.

OP
J

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input guys - Just actually decided to go with the 7mm mag that way I can use it for just about anything.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
There was an argument iclenin a hunting magazine a year or 2 ago and the author used a christensen summit titanium rifle in 6.5cm to shoot a dall sheep in the brooks range well pst 600yds if I remember right.