Hanwag boots

Tiger Rag

WKR
That appears to be primarily a European boot. Probably not many using it around here.

bmart2622

WKR
Ive never used those particular models but the Hanwags I have tried I have preferred over all the other brands and Ive tried quite a few of them.

I run Yukons and the Chillkat.

Once I wear out my chillkats I think I’ll try out the Markas

bmart2622

WKR
How do you like the Yukons? The Alaskan have been my favorite so far but I'm a bad pronator and the Yukons are supposed to be good for that.

BluMtn

WKR
I have been using the Tatra top GTX for about 4 years now. I like how they fit and still are in great shape. I have put several hundred miles on them and will buy another pair when these wear out.

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair I just got in a size 13 us and Im fixing to put them on here inthe classifieds. They are a very light boot and very comfortable boot. I bought them on a limb and Ive done got 100 miles on my kenetreks and dont feel like breaking in another pair of boots before elk season. So I might part with them.

How do you like the Yukons? The Alaskan have been my favorite so far but I'm a bad pronator and the Yukons are supposed to be good for that.

Yes, my go to boot for southwest. Breath really well. Comfortable.

One of my favorite things about Hanwag is on thier wide lasts they don’t have an exaggerated heel width

Only difference between Yukon and Alaskan is one is leather lined other GTX

I went out on a limb and bought a pair of Makra's a month ago and so far love them. They are stiff, but not uncomfortable to walk on flat. I ordered a 1/2 size bigger and seems just right. I replaced insole with after market. This is a mountaineering style boot with actually a decent size toe box. I took a risk and bought off a German website and paid $229 with free shipping. At the end of the day everything worked out and the boots are sweet. You can also order them at full price $300 at No Limits Archery in Denver, CO. From what i know this is the only place you can get them in the USA. I was between these boots and Crispi Briskdale and so far really happy I took the chance on the Makra.

Jason_307

FNG
I spent all winter researching boots trying to find a pair of stiff yet lightweight mountaineering boots that were wide enough for my foot. I narrowed it down to the Crispi Thor and Scarpa zodiac plus. I found a good sale on the zodiacs so i ordered a pair of 10.5, which is a half size bigger than I normally wear. I took them on a couple trips this spring and quickly figured out they were a little too narrow and a half size too small yet. About the same time I saw Aron Snyder and Jason Phelps posting about how comfy the Hanwags were. Figuring these two might know what their talking about I ordered some up in size 11. I ordered mine from scandanavian outdoors for $218 shipped, which took about 2 weeks to get. Upon receiving them I swapped out the insoles for a pair of Sof Sole high arch support insoles. So far I have about 60-70 miles on these boots and I can say they are awesome. Super comfortable with plenty of width and volume in the toe box. Good ankle support and no heel rub, traction is good and they are completely waterproof.

Tiger Rag

WKR
I spent all winter researching boots trying to find a pair of stiff yet lightweight mountaineering boots that were wide enough for my foot. I narrowed it down to the Crispi Thor and Scarpa zodiac plus. I found a good sale on the zodiacs so i ordered a pair of 10.5, which is a half size bigger than I normally wear. I took them on a couple trips this spring and quickly figured out they were a little too narrow and a half size too small yet. About the same time I saw Aron Snyder and Jason Phelps posting about how comfy the Hanwags were. Figuring these two might know what their talking about I ordered some up in size 11. I ordered mine from scandanavian outdoors for $218 shipped, which took about 2 weeks to get. Upon receiving them I swapped out the insoles for a pair of Sof Sole high arch support insoles. So far I have about 60-70 miles on these boots and I can say they are awesome. Super comfortable with plenty of width and volume in the toe box. Good ankle support and no heel rub, traction is good and they are completely waterproof.
Which Hanwag model did you get?

These are quite new in usa market as it appears to me. So, you only find a few real user experience in this part of the world.

But i am always a Timberland fan when its for work or hunting. But for medical purpose my preference is always orthofeet.

johncorey

FNG
I've been wearing HanWags for close to twenty years now, and never had a bad experience. For my taste, the Makras' rand is a little too low moving rearward from the toe. Still a very responsive boot. The fit is akin to the Zentauri, which I've used extensively. My go-to HanWag is the Alaska. If you happen to be able to get to a Fjallraven brand store, you can try on a selection of HanWags, since they've partnered with them. They have Boulder flagship, and then a Castle Rock outlet in Colorado.