Hardscrabbles?

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
Hello, I was curious what everyones thoughts were on the kenetrek hardscrabble hikers? I have the meindl Alaskan hunters and the meindl denalis. I hunt eastern montana for elk so I am not in too rough of terrain. I had the meindl perfect hikers in the past, but all of my meindls have leaked and getting tired of it. Time to move on.

I guess my main question is if you guys think they are really stiff or find it easy to break them in? looking for something in between the Alaskans and the denalis.

thanks!

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
Hey man... How’s it going? The Hardscrabbles are one of the few boots that tore my feet to shreds. Kene’s just don’t work for me. If you are looking for a lighter duty boot, I like Crispi Thor’s and Lowa Cevedales. If Kene’s work for you, they’ll be great, but most are either love or hate with Kene’s.

I think the Thor is the perfect elk boot.

OP
thnksno

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
Hey!, going great! Not much for hunts planned this fall except for the elk and deer in Montana. How about you?

I'm ok with the keens as far as fit goes, but they just don't have the quality of long lasting boot. I thought about trying the Thor's and I might still do that. Was trying to burn some points at cabelas and the kenetrek is about all they offer. Just not going to deal with the meindls anymore. Thanks for the info and good luck this fall!

later

Hello, I was curious what everyones thoughts were on the kenetrek hardscrabble hikers? I have the meindl Alaskan hunters and the meindl denalis. I hunt eastern montana for elk so I am not in too rough of terrain. I had the meindl perfect hikers in the past, but all of my meindls have leaked and getting tired of it. Time to move on.

I guess my main question is if you guys think they are really stiff or find it easy to break them in? looking for something in between the Alaskans and the denalis.

thanks!

I have the ke mountain extremes and just returned my set of hikers. As another user said, these tore my feet up. I love the fit and feel of my “worn in” mountain extremes, but I just couldn’t stomach 50+ miles of pain to “hope” they would end up feeling like the mountain extremes.

Spent 3 hours walking around the store in the Crispi Thor’s, Nevada’s, and Briksdale.

Thor’s- wow. If this thing is durable and holds water out, these are the lightest and best fit without loss of support.

Briksdale- they seemed like a Thor but beefed up for cooler temps. Only downside was they are insulated and I run HOT!

Nevada’s NI- most room in the toe box, 2nd best fit (more like a boot than the Thor that fit me like a sneaker).

And to be honest this is my second attempt at these with the addition of a custom insole. I found the addition of a custom insole changed my foot fit.

I picked up some Crispi Nevada’s and the Thor’s. Did a 3 mike hike yesterday in the Nevada’s but thinking I’ll just run the Thor’s. Going to bathtub test the Thor’s then hike em this weekend.

Kotaman

WKR
Hey!, going great! Not much for hunts planned this fall except for the elk and deer in Montana. How about you?

I'm ok with the keens as far as fit goes, but they just don't have the quality of long lasting boot. I thought about trying the Thor's and I might still do that. Was trying to burn some points at cabelas and the kenetrek is about all they offer. Just not going to deal with the meindls anymore. Thanks for the info and good luck this fall!

later

I was talking "Kenetrek" when I said "Kene's" NOT Keens. I've leave for Stone Sheep a week from Saturday to BC. Got a moose hunt in AK in September and finish the year off with Sitka Blacktails on Kodiak. Should be a fun year! Good Luck...

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I can’t say enough good things about kenetrek. I wear them daily and for hunting. They last so well I even broke down on ordered there black duty boots for work. Customer service is unreal! They recondition and leak check boots for free and pay the return shipping. My boots looked like crap and I ran into the owner at a trade show and he said send them in and they came back like new. Sold for life!