Need some advice: Zamberlan VS Crispi Briksdal

Vargasm

FNG
Hey everyone, I’m looking at getting a new pair of boots and tried on the Zamberlan 980 Outfitter GTX RR at a local store. They fit really well, however they seemed a bit stiff for my liking. I’ve heard good things about the Crispi Briksdal and was thinking about ordering a pair to try on. However if they are much stiffer or even the same stiffness as the Zamberlans I might not bother. Has anyone had there hands on both that could give me a comparison on sole stiffness? Any other opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
V

Vargasm

FNG
Or any comments on the stiffness of the Crispi Briksdal?

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the Zamberlans, same style as you listed. Really like them. No issues. They hold up great on the steep and sidehill very good. I have weak ankles and these privded great support. We backpacked in with 50 pds for 3 days. My feet felt good the whole time.

I have a pair of the Zamberlans, same style as you listed. Really like them. No issues. They hold up great on the steep and sidehill very good. I have weak ankles and these privded great support. We backpacked in with 50 pds for 3 days. My feet felt good the whole time.

^this. I love the 980s. They are more flexible than a lot of the boots I've tried the last few years. I can see how people would look for something lighter or cooler but for mountain boots they aren't all that stiff.

Sorry, Im no help on the crispis. The few models I've tried on had way too much volume for my feet.

OP
V

Vargasm

FNG
Thanks guys, I did like those Zamberlans

slowelk

WKR
Again, no help on the Crispis, but I did just retire the 980 Zams. They were COMFORTABLE right from the get-go, and the rand held up better than the schnee's I had previously, but they didn't have the longevity I hoped they would. The internal foam/padding started to disintegrate this past season, and no matter how often I greased them, they wouldn't keep water out. I may have had a bad pair, but I was sad to retire them because of how comfortable they were in the early phases.

As for the stiffness, I didn't find them to be a stiff boot compared to the kenetreks and lowas I replaced them with.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Or any comments on the stiffness of the Crispi Briksdal?

Which version? They make that boot in two different stiffness levels.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
Both of the Briksdals are on the stiffer side of the crispi lineup.... crispi actually uses a rating system for the stiffness of their boots (scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the stiffest).... most of their boots are rated as a 3. The briksdal is rated as a 4, and the briksdal sf is a 5.

OP
V

Vargasm

FNG
Which version? They make that boot in two different stiffness levels.

The normal model, a level 4 on their scale. I’ve never held any Crispi boots so their scale doesn’t help me since I can’t compare them to anything of there other boots.

jherald

WKR
I have the Briksdal SF and they arent as stiff as say a Scarpa Mont Blanc. I would say a bit stiffer than a Lowa Bighorn GTX or Tibet. It's a good all around mountain boot for me stiffness wise. I don't like a boot stiff as a board and Briksdal SF have a decent toe flex. They have been comfortable enough for me I could wear them all day long and not have an issue.

Catahoula

WKR
I just transitioned from Kenetreks to Crispi’s. I went with Crispi Nevada Legend. Much nicer than my Kenetreks right out of the box. Stiffness on my new Crispis are a 3. I think they will do good over all terrain. I know nothing of Zamberlain boots though. Sorry there. Best to you in the search for new boots. Be sure of your purchase though, if the feet fail it’s over.

OP
V

Vargasm

FNG
Thanks everyone, I think I am going to go with the Briksdal in the #4 flex.

I just stopped in to Black Ovis and happened to be wearing my 980s. I walked out with a pair of briksdal SFs. They are notably stiffer than my broken in 980s. The standard briksdals are probably a similar boot to the zamberlan 960s. The SFs fit my feet much better than crispis I'd previously tried on.

Son of a... didnt realize the briksdal sf have a little insulation. Foot sweat is already a problem for me, thinking these will be pretty toasty

sneaky

"DADDY"
Son of a... didnt realize the briksdal sf have a little insulation. Foot sweat is already a problem for me, thinking these will be pretty toasty
Duh. That SF stands for sweaty feet lol

AkReaper

FNG
I am literally wearing the zamberlan 980's right now at work to start the wear in and they are sooo comfortable! First high end boots I have bought but love em.

sneaky

"DADDY"
They are excellent boots. I'm gonna pick up another pair of 960s. Already have some 980s. Been through all the brands, seems Zamberlans work best for MY feet.
I am literally wearing the zamberlan 980's right now at work to start the wear in and they are sooo comfortable! First high end boots I have bought but love em.

After years of wearing thick socks with boots a 1/2 size big, the Briksdal's 200 gms of thinsulate on a true size is not an issue for me. Just got a pair of the Briksdal GTX's. Very comfortable around the house in 1 pair of regular socks, have not ventured out with them yet.