Before I take my wife boot shopping...

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you help someone else find the right fit? Also what are some good brands for women’s boots? Have any women had good luck running a men’s boot?

colersu22

WKR
I took my wife to REI and had her try a bunch on and we bought what felt best then went hiking, with REI I could always return them within a year for a full refund but she really likes the ones she got so we kept them. I think the brand is vasque or something like that but she is always comfortable now and doesn’t get wet feet, she has bad ankles and they seem to keep her from rolling them when we are out.

gumbl3

WKR
Did the REI thing as well. There was a woman there that took a lot of time and helped her find the right boot for her

How do you help someone else find the right fit? Also what are some good brands for women’s boots? Have any women had good luck running a men’s boot?

Womens boots are built on a B last so most mens boots will be too wide and roomy.

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought we’re not to shop at rei anymore? .

topher89

WKR
REI for my wife as well. The Denver flagship store, which has a large selection, is on the way to my parent's house so we stopped there and she tried on a bunch of boots and picked the one that fit the best.

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
REI for my wife as well. The Denver flagship store, which has a large selection, is on the way to my parent's house so we stopped there and she tried on a bunch of boots and picked the one that fit the best.

I should give the flagship store a try, my usual store is pretty limited, with everything.

wytx

WKR
If she has wide feet that may be an issue. Most womens boots are built on a narrow last and wider widths are hard to find. A leather boot will give a little with break in but pinched toes will not be comfortable.
Sounds like REI, unfortunately, is the place to go. Finding a good female boot fitting person would be the best.