Women’s boot suggestions

Silentstalker

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for input on a good boot for my wife. She does not hunt a ton but has a Nov. mule deer hunt this year which could have snow, rain, and certainly cold temps.

I wear Zamberlan 960’s and really enjoy them. I’m willing to spend $200-$300 for these boots to help her enjoy the experience.

For you ladies out there, and those who have significant others who hunt or hike, what boots would you recommend?

Haneydew

FNG
Solomon and lowa both make a good women's boot in the 200 range. Check out some of the retailers online like Sierra, Backcountry, steep and cheap, campsaver. They have a lot of them on sale right now up to 50 percent off.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boot fit is a super individual thing, so she’s likely going to have to try some on and see what fits her well. If ordering online make sure she can try them on and return what doesn’t fit her feet.

I have super small feet (women’s 6/ men’s 4) so that limits my options somewhat. I have previously used the La Sportiva glacier boots, and was happy with them. Ended up switching to the Hanwag Alaska Lady GTX in 2012 and just got my second pair (I wanted a full shank boot for mountain hunting, the hanwags offer this—the la sportiva was a 3/4 shank). I also like Salomon boots and shoes. Zamberlands don’t fit my feet well, and a pair ruined a trip for me a decade ago. Again, it’s totally individual.