Which Pair of Lowas

Looking at 3 pair of boots. Wanting boots for NewZeland Tahr, High country mule deer and hopefully a sheep or goat hunt in the future. Need something stiffer than my renegades.

1. Camino GTX
2. Tibet GTX
3. Cevedale

xcutter

WKR
I really like my Lowa EVO Extreme's. Which is just an insulated Tibet HI. They are still waterproof after 4 years of hard use. I treat them regularly. I will be replacing them with another pair or just the Tibet HI's in the future.

Downside for me with them is that they are a little bit stiffer than I would like but that comes in real handy when packing a load on a side hill. Great boot.

Graves14

WKR
Hey I just burned through a pair of Caminos while hiking flat ground and hills back east. REALLY nice boot for that but it’s way too flexible for any real steep stuff like you’re talking about.

I just moved to ID and I’ve been looking at both the Tibet’s and Cevedale’s to replace the caminos. I tried on the Tibet’s and was SUPER impressed. But I can’t seem to find Cevedale’s anywhere to try on. If you order them report back I’d love to hear about them.

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
I have Cevedales and have no complaints. I also wear Rengades,but the Cevedales are a much stiffer tougher boot.

beetlespin

Lil-Rokslider
I just booked a hunt with joseph for tahr and he told me that the tibet is probably the most popular boot there, I already have that boot and will be taking that one as my boot of choice.

BigDog00

WKR
Check out the Ticam. It's very similar in stiffness to the Tibet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have the Tibet GTX and they are awesome. Right out of box, they are comfortable. This was my first pair of high quality hunting boots and they have been great so far.

I just received my Camino's a few days ago. So far they are great. Fairly stiff and good ankle support. I was set on getting the Tibet's but kept running across reviews of people saying that they are so heavy they felt like bricks on their feet. I liked that the Caminos were a bit lighter and still offered good support for heavy loads.

JP100

WKR
Th Tibet would probably be the best allrounder, and most likely last longer than the cevedale.

Try and get a pair of each and try them on.

The only complaint I have with the Tibet is the wide toe, this gives you a wide toe box which is nice, but its a 'chunky'toe for climbing if that makes sense.

Reality is your Tahr,Goat and Sheep hunts are going to probably be 5% of your use, and the Tibets will work fine.

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my Camino's a few days ago. So far they are great. Fairly stiff and good ankle support. I was set on getting the Tibet's but kept running across reviews of people saying that they are so heavy they felt like bricks on their feet. I liked that the Caminos were a bit lighter and still offered good support for heavy loads.

I have the Tibet's and Caminos. The Tibets feel exactly like the reviews you read. Heavy bricks. But the Caminos are almost not stiff enough and I like a higher boot.

beetlespin

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Tibet's and Caminos. The Tibets feel exactly like the reviews you read. Heavy bricks. But the Caminos are almost not stiff enough and I like a higher boot.

my other pair of boots are the Lowa Hunter EVO extremes and those make the tibets feel like slippers! haha.

johncorey

FNG
Just scored some Tibet LL's yesterday. They are solid, and just a tad stiffer than the usual Lowa suspects.

I am bumping this up since I bought a pair of Camino boots from Midway USA on sale before I elk hunted this month. I wore the boots for about a 4 mile hike then used them hunting with zero issues. They are a great boot and exactly what I was looking for. Hope the hold up for the long haul.

Kotaman

WKR
I’ve had all of the above plus the EVO’s and the Bighorns. Bighorns are my favorite for the mountains of those 5. Of the three you list for your use I would go Tibet or Cevedale. My preference of the three is the Tibet. The Camino is not an Alpine boot for me. I like them for casual and deer/elk, but for sheep I could never wear the Camino. Tibet is a great all around boot.

The Hunters are my favorite boot for side hilling and off trail hiking/hunting. Too stiff for just casual hiking, but more than that they are great.

jwooley

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Tibets they are a little stiff on flat ground but Awesome in the mountains of Colorado.. They also required very little break in!!!