Lowa Renegade or Hold out for Crispi

PSDBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've been reading through threads and reviews ad nauseam trying to determine a good backpacking/early season elk boot.

I was pretty set on trying either pair of Crispi Summits or Wyomings, but then I came across a killer deal on some Lowa Renegades. I know the Renegades are going to be a lighter duty boot that is more flexible. My question is, do I save somewhere in the neighborhood of $180 and try the Renegades or is the quality of the Crispis worth saving up for?

LaHunter

WKR
Don't buy boots thinking of saving money. You use your boots more than any other piece of equipment / gear. Get the right boots for your feet and hunting conditions. The wrong boots can end your hunt and result in foot problems.
I have the renegades and I think they are a good light duty / hiking boots, but not something I wear while hunting in the mountains. I wear my renegades on training hikes. I wear Lowa Tibets while hunting in mountain terrain.

Check out shoes.com They run some good specials pretty often.

Good Luck

What LaHunter said. I’m still high on the Meindl Perfekt Hikers for Elk country if they fit your feet. I also own the Renagades. Difference in daylight and dark. Make sure which ever boot you buy fits your feet.

OP
PSDBowhunter

PSDBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Good points. I am definitely of the mindset that invest in good gear that will fit correctly and treat me right. Maybe I'll get these as a training boot.

I did look at the Thor's as well. I'm not sure if I want a boot that stiff or not. The only problem with Crispi is that there isn't a dealer anywhere near me to try them out.

PNWGATOR

WKR
I really like my Renegades and have used them scouting and for the last two archery seasons in Idaho and planning on using them again this September. They fit my feet and are well made. They work for me and still have enough life in them to get through September for sure. I’ve been very happy with them.

209hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Ive worn my Renegades every season since 2014 and I really like them. Theyve held up great and are very comfortable for me. I would not hesitate to buy them again. Good luck with your decision!

marktole

WKR
The Thor’s are not what I would call a “stiff” boot.

Just got a pair of Thor’s recently and I would second this. They’re not anywhere near as stiff as I thought they would be. The lower top ankle makes them feel less stiff I think.

Brendan

WKR
Just got a pair of Thor’s recently and I would second this. They’re not anywhere near as stiff as I thought they would be. The lower top ankle makes them feel less stiff I think.

Third...

I've rolled / sprained my ankle while wearing those boots laced tight. Granted I have a week ankle, but only reasonable quality boot I've worn where I've ever had that issue.

Catahoula

WKR
I have Lowa Renegade, Kenetrek Hardscrabble and Crispi Nevada’s. They all are great boots, however, I prefer my Crispi’s. Don’t skimp on boots. Save the extra $100-$200 and get the best boot you can afford of which fits your feet. Good luck....