Kenetrek Mountain Extreme vs Mountain Guide

Ordering a new pair of boot and have it narrowed down to 3 but was searching and couldn’t find anything but was just trying to figure out the difference between the two. According to Kenetrek, they are vastly similar unless I missed something. Is there a major difference or just marketing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven C

FNG
The sole on the guide is new in 2018. It is a stiffer design than the extreme. I have a old pair of hardscrabble hikers and the new guides. The guides are definitely stiffer, but not too stiff for me. I have never tried the extremes to tell you exact difference. I believe the new sole is supposed to be more durable also. I hope this helps a little.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve run the mt extremes for several years and have a few miles on the new Mt guides as noted the new version is much stiffer and looks to have a little more ankle support.

Bughalli

WKR
As of a week or so ago Sierra Trading post had the guides for somewhere around half price. FYI

My opinion on the Extremes....great boot if it fits your foot, but very heavy and you really don't need a boot that tall. The height is a marginal benefit in my opinion.