Crispi’s Hurting ball of foot

Have a pair of Crispi Guides I purchased from Black Ovis 18 months ago or so. Due to the warm winter I never started the break in process till now.

These boots seem to put a lot of pressure on the balls of my feet. Anyone else had this issue with Crispi or other brands? Almost feels like something is under my toes.

Put 2 miles on them so far. Thinking about trying to sell them and calling Lathrop or the Kenetreks seem to fit better just walking around Scheels.

Wilderness area bull hunt is in 2 months so need to start racking up some miles...

You are certainly getting into crunch time as far as getting the boots to your door and broke in by the time of your hunt. You may need to buy another pair of boots, I do love my Kenetreks. Everyone is different on which boots fit them better. You might not have time to mess with it this year, but before you sell them you should contact Crispi. They are a popular company, so they will probably help you out with the problem with their boots.

marktole

WKR
I have had two pair of crispis and both pair have put bunch of pressure on my big toe, causing a very hard corn or callus to form on the side of it. And they make my knees just ache like crazy after a day of wearing them. Have tried them with different insoles to no avail. I have a pair of Lowa Z-8S GTX and Schnee’s Beartooth II boots and do not have this issue with either of them.

I would just bite the bullet and try a different pair of boots honestly. It seems like a combination of the right boots and right insoles is the answer, one or the other might help a little though.

OP
ShockTroop0811
I have had two pair of crispis and both pair have put bunch of pressure on my big toe, causing a very hard corn or callus to form on the side of it. And they make my knees just ache like crazy after a day of wearing them. Have tried them with different insoles to no avail. I have a pair of Lowa Z-8S GTX and Schnee’s Beartooth II boots and do not have this issue with either of them.

I would just bite the bullet and try a different pair of boots honestly. It seems like a combination of the right boots and right insoles is the answer, one or the other might help a little though.

That’s the plan I think.

I have a Cabelas up the road and REI in town; both with generous return policies. I’ll check out the Kenetreks and Meindl first if those don’t work I’ll order Lowas from REI.

Worst case I wear my Soloman’s. Was hoping for something a little more stout for hopefully packing out some weight though.

BigHink66

FNG
Mine were the same way. They have a pitch to the sole under the ball of your foot. They are not flat like normal shoes and you can feel it.

I put a pair of cabela meindl cork insoles in and I cannot feel it anymore