What is your mountain hunting boot of choice?

What is your mountain hunting boot of choice?

• Lowa

Votes: 136 28.0%
  • Scarpa

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • Asolo

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Danner

Votes: 31 6.4%
  • Salomon

Votes: 44 9.1%
  • Kenetrek

Votes: 80 16.5%
  • LasPortiva

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Hanwag

Votes: 37 7.6%
  • Salewa

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Meindl

Votes: 90 18.5%

• Total voters

snakelk

WKR
Lowa Hunter GTX Evo Extreme. Primarily used for fall elk hunting in Hell's Canyon. After years of getting by with Irish Setter, Danner, and Rocky boots, I finally took the plunge. I'm glad I did as these have proved to be my favorite boot to date. Although heavier and stiffer, I have no trouble hiking all week in them, they keep my feet warm and dry (multiple creek crossings), and they especially excel on steep rocky side hills. I have a narrower foot, so the Lowa's fit nicely. I've had zero issue with heel rub. I haven't worn Kenetrek Mountain Extremes, but many of my buddies use them and most seem to have issues with heel rubbing. Could be just the individual fit for each, or other factors such as socks, insoles, and/or lacing method. I'm happy with my Lowa's so I'm going to stick with them!

FLAK

WKR
LOL!! I m still using an ancient pair of Cabelas Mtn. Hunters that have hunted
in AK, ID, NM, TX. AL. and GA. Still going strong.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Running a pair of Irish Setter Elk Trackers with 200G of gore Tex. So far so good, used one season. Proven to be waterproof through multiple walks through creeks, and tough enough to climb around a couple mountains. Long lasting comfort, and a decent amount of stability. Love em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trom2k

FNG
I've had a pair of Asolo Fugitive GTX's for years that won't die. They were my field and hunt boots. Still going strong. A bit lighter than most backpacking boots. Got a pair of Asolo TPS for heavier loads but could never get the fit right; would either give me terrible foot cramps or hotspots/blisters if loosened. Sold to a friend that is on his second set of soles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
+1 for lowas, really liking the pair I bought for work. Will be buying a second pair this spring.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Don't worry, you are still the best boot I have ever worn.

You can play at my house any time.

Schnee's - good boots - good people, in my book.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the kind words! And anyone reading this make sure you check our website/social media in the coming months...we have some really exciting stuff in the works. Including the new king of mountain boots... stay tuned