What is your mountain hunting boot of choice?

What is your mountain hunting boot of choice?

• Lowa

Votes: 136 28.0%
  • Scarpa

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • Asolo

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Danner

Votes: 31 6.4%
  • Salomon

Votes: 44 9.1%
  • Kenetrek

Votes: 80 16.5%
  • LasPortiva

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Hanwag

Votes: 37 7.6%
  • Salewa

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Meindl

Votes: 90 18.5%

• Total voters

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really appreciate you guys posting up your answers and info on these polls. I've gotten great feedback from them and the readers really appreciate the help!

Boots aren't the easiest to make a poll for, so this will be multiple choice, but please give a brief explanation of what your favorite boot/boots are and why.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Manosteel

WKR
Meindle Alaska Hunter - going strong for two seasons and are good for more. Always use them in the mountains and on my elk and moose hunts.

Fit my feet nice, haven't had any blisters so that's a big plus! They are a stiffer boot which I love in the mountains and for carry Heavy loads. I get numb toe, which starts with my mountain hunts and doesn't go away until a month after my last hunt. But from all the reading I have done on numb toe - runners toe- it can't be blamed on the boot as much as it can on just plain over use.

Last edited:

a3dhunter

WKR
I have had Meindl, Salomon, Lowa, Danner, and now Zamberlan.
I am currently favoring the Zamberlan Vioz 1006. I've put a couple hundred miles on them this season, in everything from dry conditions to 2 feet of snow and these boots held up well. I had a little problem with heels blistering early on but that has went away. They have a deep heel cup that I wasn't used to and a wide last. These are the first boots I didn't have to buy in a wide.
Overall I've been pleased, but I'm always looking for something better. ;)

bbrown

WKR
Asolo Sassalongs for the past couple years and they are still going strong - they seem to fit my narrow and flat feet best. Would like to try some hanwang or lowas at some point. Had danners, salomons and a few others. Really used to like the danners but they have gone way down hill in the QC dept.

dotman

WKR
bbrown pretty much said what works for me and what I would like to try at some point. While the Asolos have been great I have an itch to try hanwags or lowas.

Stid2677

WKR
I run two boot systems, Lowas GTX Tibets, I like the lower boot as they are easier on my shins. These are my go to boot for hunts except those that require multiple water crossing or freezing weather. For hunts that require a lot of river crossings I prefer my Koflach Degre Plastic Boots used with glacier socks, this allows me to just pull them up and cross water and then roll them back down. The plastics don't hold water and the liners dry quickly if they get wet. The liners make good camp shoes and can be stored in my bag during freezing weather.

P8110364.jpg

P8110402.jpg

P8060080.jpg

Rucker61

WKR
I've used Kenetrek Hardscrabbles for the last two seasons, but the fit isn't quite right. I just 15 minutes ago ordered Asolo Sassalongs from STP for $130. I also ordered some Hanwag Banks lighter hiking boots for $107. I just returned a pair of Lowa Renegades that just fit very irritatingly around one ankle.

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Kenetrek Hardscrabble Lites. I tried the Asolo's, can't rember which one, and they didn't have the support that I feel I get from the Kenetreks. They also leaked almost as soon as it rained. I go with the Lathrop and Sons insole as well.

Craig4791

WKR
Lowa Tibet GTX for me.

Really just comes down to them fitting really well for me. I hate buying boots. Still have a few pairs of brand new high end boots that didn't fit my feet well.

wyodan

WKR
Hanwag Mt Lights and Alaska. They fit my feet good, although the Mt Lights only seem to last one season. Interested to try the new Lowa Cevedales to see if they will last longer, and I think it's going to be hard to get the Mt Lights here soon.

jcodyc40

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi Kanada's, I've had them for almost 2 full seasons and I haven't gotten a blister, hot spot or heel slippage. The ankle support is incredible. They have been the perfect boot for me.

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Hanwag Alaska boots for me. Best fit I have ever had. Tried to like the Lowa Tibet boot but they just didn't work for my feet.

jherald

WKR
Lowa Sheep Hunters. Got them in 2007 after a hard lesson learned in boots on my first sheep hunt in 2006. They have served well now for me hunting from flat ground to mountains. They worked so well for me that when Schnee's had a sale on them two years ago I bought another pair as a spare but I dont know if I'll ever get to use them since the pair I have now just wont quit.

IMG_0399.jpg

Last edited:

Wrongside

WKR
Hanwags the last few years. Of all the boots I've owned, nothing fits my feet better. As a big bonus, they last me more than one year!

Never liked GTX boots, so run the Hanwag Yukons and the LL version of the Omegas. Wish I could stock up on a lifetime supply of these boots, before they get 'modernized' and ruined...