Superfeet anyone?

Lawnboi

WKR
I have used them for several years in all my footwear. They helped.

Recently iv been drinking the minimalist running Kool aid. And iv got to say I don't know where I sit on my super feet anymore. Since I started running and walking in my minimal shoes, my feet and ankles have gotten noticeably stronger and I now feel better using something with little arch or foot support.

I do love the super feet heel cup though, especially in my stiffer boots, really locks my heal in.

If you have regular feet I would highly suggest oranges over the greens, they last longer and give you a little more cushion.

anyone use the merino topped in warm temps. curious if they aid to cooling or regulating. i was told by a salesman at a store selling them they made there feet more warm rather than cool them in warm temps. was suggested to just get the green top. i have tried sole and supers in my boots in stores both seem to be nice for a initial impression. honestly have never really needed any though. the merino would if they work like all my layers in such do.....

Az Hunter

FNG
Love them. I have the green for my Lowa Sheep hunter. Fit perfectly. Tried them at REI first to see what fit my foot best

brewer427

WKR
anyone use the merino topped in warm temps. curious if they aid to cooling or regulating. i was told by a salesman at a store selling them they made there feet more warm rather than cool them in warm temps. was suggested to just get the green top. i have tried sole and supers in my boots in stores both seem to be nice for a initial impression. honestly have never really needed any though. the merino would if they work like all my layers in such do.....
I have used the Merino set a lot. There just a green super feet topped with a layer if merino. There really nice for winter but I picked up to more sets and run them in my running shoes and work boots to help with the stink because my feet can really crank out some stinch.

They work great for me in the summer never really find my feet getting hot because of them. I also where a merino wool hiker sock while trail running or hiking with a weighted pack and have no issues even during the hottest part of the day. But that's just me...

Wrongside

WKR
I've tried several different Superfeet and the Soles. The green SF worked the best for my feet. I use them in my work and play boots. I like them a lot, but make sure to give my feet a break from them and a chance to strengthen when not in the hills or at work, by mainly wearing minimalist footwear during 'down times '.

kodiakfly

WKR
Pretty much wear the green in every boot I own and have for over a dozen years. I consider them a standard addition to any boot purchase.

akshayv

Banned
I would love to buy walking shoes from orthofeet, but without trying them on, it's not worth trying. I love my slippers, this is my second pair. I have heel spurs and pain, also trouble with arches, it's hard to find shoes that fix all that. But orthofeet orthotic shoes, especially Vionic, do the trick. I will buy again. Picking my items was very easy/accessible. I liked the rollover scan to get close up of my merchandise. I found sizes to be true and very comfortable.

muddydogs

WKR
Last night I received a pair of Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX boots and while they fit great and felt good due to my problem feet I could tell there wasn't enough arch support so due to this thread I stopped at the local boot store to try out a set of Superfeet Green's. Put the Superfeet in the new boots and after about 3 steps I told the guy helping me to ring them up as I could tell right away the Superfeet made a big difference in comfort and support. Spent the next 4 hours standing around at the trap club in comfort. So far today my feet feel great in the new boots and Superfeet. Time will tell but I hope i've found a winning combination over $500 custom orthotics.

Brendan

WKR
All depends what your feet need. Talked to a podiatrist about them, and he said they're fine, if they give you the right amount of support for your feet. He gave me a set of spencos with a hard plastic heel and arch support built in, added and ground some custom foam shims for the right amount of support to keep everything aligned correctly (flat feet / pronator) and charged me a grand total of $35 for a semi-custom orthotic.

After looking at them, he also told me to stay away from the L&S - zero support, all cushioning.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Just bough the Green, Hiking and the ones for hockey skates. All are working great. The hockey skate ones are fantastic.

sveltri

WKR

Recently iv been drinking the minimalist running Kool aid. And iv got to say I don't know where I sit on my super feet anymore. Since I started running and walking in my minimal shoes, my feet and ankles have gotten noticeably stronger and I now feel better using something with little arch or foot support.

I do love the super feet heel cup though, especially in my stiffer boots, really locks my heal in.

If you have regular feet I would highly suggest oranges over the greens, they last longer and give you a little more cushion.

I'm in the same boat and have been running shoes and boots with zero drop and fairly minimal cushioning. So far I'm really happy with the way things are going. I ran the greens last year in my 4D's they always felt like the arch was too close to my heel, I fought through it thinking I just had crappy feet. Opening morning last year I ditched the Salomans and threw the greens in my Crispis, bad idea as I had horrible heel blisters within a couple hours, next day went back to the Salomans and everything was fine. I've wore my Crispis with stock insoles all turkey season with zero issues. Seems like trial and error is the only way through this mess!

boom

WKR
Superfeet inserts are the items i use at the end of the year for my leftover Flex-Spending account money. i now have them in every shoe. i should have put the date on them so i could rotate the oldest ones out.

i buy the green ones. usually.

Clarktar

WKR
I'm in the same boat and have been running shoes and boots with zero drop and fairly minimal cushioning. So far I'm really happy with the way things are going. I ran the greens last year in my 4D's they always felt like the arch was too close to my heel, I fought through it thinking I just had crappy feet. Opening morning last year I ditched the Salomans and threw the greens in my Crispis, bad idea as I had horrible heel blisters within a couple hours, next day went back to the Salomans and everything was fine. I've wore my Crispis with stock insoles all turkey season with zero issues. Seems like trial and error is the only way through this mess!

I had this similar feeling about the arch close to my heel. I wear shoes anywhere from size 10.5 to 11.5. I tried all the sizes of the green super feet and it turns out the size 14 is what actually fit my foot and arch. Just had to trim down the front (toe) of the insert to match my shoes factory insert and everything fit great.

So I would suggest maybe trying progressively larger sizes until you get the fit. Once I found the one that worked it was obvious for me. THere were no pressure points towards the back of my arch etc., it just fit right.

Clarktar

WKR
All depends what your feet need. Talked to a podiatrist about them, and he said they're fine, if they give you the right amount of support for your feet. He gave me a set of spencos with a hard plastic heel and arch support built in, added and ground some custom foam shims for the right amount of support to keep everything aligned correctly (flat feet / pronator) and charged me a grand total of $35 for a semi-custom orthotic.

After looking at them, he also told me to stay away from the L&S - zero support, all cushioning.

Yea, I bought the Lathrop and Sons inserts years ago. In my opinion they are not worth the price charged. Was less then impressed to say the least.

boom

WKR
Last night I received a pair of Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX boots and while they fit great and felt good due to my problem feet I could tell there wasn't enough arch support so due to this thread I stopped at the local boot store to try out a set of Superfeet Green's. Put the Superfeet in the new boots and after about 3 steps I told the guy helping me to ring them up as I could tell right away the Superfeet made a big difference in comfort and support. Spent the next 4 hours standing around at the trap club in comfort. So far today my feet feel great in the new boots and Superfeet. Time will tell but I hope i've found a winning combination over $500 custom orthotics.

The OEM insert is pretty feeble huh? I pulled out the one in my Redbacks and it was stupid looking. My mouse-pad had more support.

muddydogs

WKR
The OEM insert is pretty feeble huh? I pulled out the one in my Redbacks and it was stupid looking. My mouse-pad had more support.

I wouldn't say feeble per say but what do I know. My right foot has a high arch and the left is broken down from Charcot Foot so i'm not the best judge of how good the factory insole is. The Superfeet is defiantly a better insole and has a lot more arch support then the factory but someone with normal feet would probably find the factory just fine?

Shraggs

WKR

I use many superfeet with same success others have stated. Mostly blues as they are a little more arch specific for flat footed folks like me. The greens will work too, just depends on which boot for me.

In my stiff mountain boots I don't like the plastic bottoms, the boot is already stiff enough. Just need arch support in right places. So I also use new balance inserts in those.

That said, got to say also been drinking minimalists cool aid to and do all of my training in flat low arch tennis shoes. Makes a big difference! It's translated to superfeet giving support with fatigue late (not from indoor but my flat feet) in the day to same support and no fatigue.