Superfeet anyone?

Bmcox86

WKR
Anyone use Superfeet inserts for their boots. My wife got me a pair for Christmas and they might if saved me from throwing out my meindls. Really make the sole stiffer. Do they last?

Yep, i use'em in most everything. They last quite a while, especially in a stiff soled Meindl. Couple times per year pull them out and check the plastic on the bottom, look for white creased or marks, those are the stressed areas that can turn into cracks. When i see the white areas, i toss'em and get another pair.

I have been using the same two pairs for about ten years now. I have used them in Asolo's, Meindl's, and crappy army boots.

I've only had mine two seasons but love them. I have the greens in two different pairs of boots. I have several hundred miles on my superfeet in my kenetreks.

MattB

WKR
I use them in my skates, but prefer the Lathrops for my hiking boots.

2rocky

WKR
Long time lover of the Green SF's, and just got the Carbon's for my trail running shoes.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
i bought some to try in my meindl perfekt hikers but the meindl stock cork insoles feel much better.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been using the green and pink (women's version comparable to men's orange) in boots and shoes for years with great success. We spend most of the summer backpacking in saloman trail runners, and I am amazed by the difference in stiffness by adding the green or pink super feet versus the stock insoles. Especially when packing a heavy load, the additional support and sole rigidity is much appreciated.

I ran the pink ones in my previous mountain hiking boots for several seasons, and appreciated the extra cushion in otherwise stiff half shank boots.

In my current mountain boots (hanwags ak lady) I am currently using L&S synergy foot beds and have been very satisfied with the feel of those, but a full shank hiking boot doesn't benefit as much extra rigidity from an insole the way half shank or running type sole does. All my other outdoor boots and shoes have super feet in them, and I don't have any plans to change that.

brewer427

WKR
I really like my Merino Grey insoles from superfeet. There the Green insole with a merino layer on top. I run them in all my hunting boots and running shoes year round. They help regulate my foot temp somewhat, but the biggest advantage for me was the stench factor. My feet stink and these deffanently help a ton for stench control.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Big Superfeet fan here. I have a high arch and they work great. I run the various models in my boots and shoes. Usually get them at REI...

Last edited:
Just make sure if you use Super Feet insoles with Gore-Tex boots you only use green or orange/pink or they may create a leak in the booty/liner. This is from their website.

bbrown

WKR
Just make sure if you use Super Feet insoles with Gore-Tex boots you only use green or orange/pink or they may create a leak in the booty/liner. This is from their website.

Thanks for the heads up - I wondered about this but never thought to look a their website.

I have used the greens ones in the past and have a pair of oranges in my Sassalongs for going on 2-3 years now. I like them but have been tempted to try the L&S Synergy or the Sole brand just because.
For what its worth, I have narrow and very flat feet so the SF eat up some of the volume and keep my feet from sliding - night and day difference.

LaHunter

WKR
Any opinions on the Superfeet Copper insoles? I just ordered a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX from Baker Boots and they threw in some of the superfeet copper insoles which are memory foam, according to the description.

tenth1

Lil-Rokslider
When wet, my orange superfeet and Kenetrek boots on a steep side hill will bite the insides of my arches.

Very well could be my specific combination (feet/boots/insoles) and a reminder to thoroughly test out your footwear prior to any big trips. When I say thoroughly, I mean strap on 75 lb, wade in a pond/river until saturated, then hike through the nastiest crap you can find. For Fun!

Solitude

WKR
I am in the minority in this post, but I have a wide heal and the orange Superfeet plastic heal cup digs into my heal something fierce. As long as your foot is not wide it sounds like you will be ok.

I use the green ones in my boots and use the orange ones for my running shoes and dress shoes for work. I think the orange ones are specifically for dress shoes, presumably because the front of it is soft and can be cut to fit narrow dress shoes. I like to use the orange ones for my running shoes as they aren't as stiff as the green.
I have plantar fasciitis and Superfeet were recommended from the doc. and I've used them for years in almost every pair of shoes and boots that I own.