Boot Month: Review The Hunter II Pac Boot

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hunting big mule deer for almost 25 years has put me in pac boots nearly as much as any other class of footwear. I've used many different brands but finally settled on the Schnee's Hunter II in 2007. Here's why:

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/footwear/311-schnee-s-hunter-ii-pac-boot

Also, Schnee's, a Rokslide sponsor, also generously donated a pair of their Bridger light hikers to one Rokslide member. To get entered for the drawing, all you need to do is read the Bridger review here:

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/footwear/312-schnee-s-bridger-hiker-boot

If you like it, then post your thoughts on what you'd use the Bridgers for on Schnee's Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/schnees.montana
AND "Like" that post (that is how we know you entered).

Look for the post with the picture of the Bridgers. Depending on when you visit their page, you may have to scroll down a bit to find the post. Good luck. We'll announce the winner after February 16th

Last edited:

neffa3

FNG
So what exactly sets these apart from say White or Kennetreks or other mid-high end pacs?

bhylton

WKR
So what exactly sets these apart from say White or Kennetreks or other mid-high end pacs?

No idea about kennetrecks but from what i understand whites uses an inferior rubber for the bottoms. couple guys at work tried some and they cracked after about a year. ive heard nothing but good things about the schnees and hoffmans. i went with hoffmans because i could try them on locally. They are using a rubber made in Finland right now that is very good from my research

deadwolf

WKR
I'll chime in with my info regarding these boots. They do not come in half sizes!

In regards to sizing up....this works great if you are already at a half size like Robby and others above, if you're a 9.5 get a 10. However, for guys like me who are an even size, a 10, who normally size up to a 10.5 in boots, you damn sure don't want to size up to an 11 because you'll swim in them. That being said, I found there to be ample room for a thicker sock in the 10's that I got, after I had to ship the 11's back : )

neffa3

FNG
No idea about kennetrecks but from what i understand whites uses an inferior rubber for the bottoms. couple guys at work tried some and they cracked after about a year. ive heard nothing but good things about the schnees and hoffmans. i went with hoffmans because i could try them on locally. They are using a rubber made in Finland right now that is very good from my research

How long have you had your hoffmans and how do you like them? My Cabelas pac boots finally crapped out on me and I'm looking to upgrade before next winter.

bhylton

WKR
I'm around 2 years on this pair. Use them working in the woods and hunting/ice fishing. My coworker just got a new pair also. He bought his other pair in 2000. I run the "outback" model. It has a heel locking lace similar to what hiking boots have

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So for those in the know. what do the Schnee's and Hoffman's cost? A quality pac boot is about the last major item on my list. Thanks.

LostArra

WKR
Does the piece of leather laced between the lowest eyelets serve a purpose ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk