Schnee's Beartooth

NEhunter

WKR
Can find some info on these boots but not much. For those of you that have tried them on, what are your thoughts on quality and fit. I currently have the Salomon Quest and was wondering how the fit is compared to them. How is the stiffness and fit compared to a boot like the Lowa Tibet?

The Beartooth is the best and most comfortable boot I have ever worn. In fact, I have thought about buying a pair to wear in everyday boot situations. My feet love them (even without a custom/3rd party insole) I came out of the Lowa Tibet for the Beartooth. The Lowa is stiffer. The Beartoth has a slightly thinner nylon last. I am only 165 pounds so they are still stiff for me. The Beartooth is still a stiff boot but fits my needs for the high country better. I am hunting Deer and Elk with flat and steep terrain. I am not in the nasty/shell sheep country.

The Schnees Granite is more like the Tibet or HanWag. Extremely stiff. I liked the Tibet but the comfort level doesn't come close to the Beartooth (for me) not even the same sport.

The fit is very true. I wear same size as i do every other shoe/boot. Keep in mind, I have the uninsulated model and don't wear them past Nov. I wear an insulated pac boot when stand hunting whitetails. If you need insulation (thick socks) you might size up .5 size.

Quality: Second to none. They are an Italian made with eVent. Best out there IMHO

I love them

Redside

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the beartooth last year before the season and put about 100ish miles on them mostly elk, antelope and bird hunting. Fits great, feels great, I did not have a break in period, felt great for me right out of the box. With that said I usually do not have issues with my feet fitting anything, so I'm pretty lucky there. They seemed to wear fine too, no major problems with them, seem to be a high quality built product. I also put in a 3rd party insole, I don't think any boot comes with a decent one.

I live in Bozeman, so went to Schnees and I tried on the Absaroka and Granite as well, both are stiffer. But I wanted the 200g insulation so went with the Beartooth and after talking with the sales guy it seemed the Beartooth was what would be best for my type of hunting. Gave me plenty of support for the terrain I was in. I'm not sheep/goat hunting so didn't need that extra stiffness. I was coming from the Danner Pronghorn so it was a great upgrade. I have not tried the Salomon or Tibets so no help there, lots of people like them on here though.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Beartooth is the best and most comfortable boot I have ever worn. In fact, I have thought about buying a pair to wear in everyday boot situations. My feet love them (even without a custom/3rd party insole) I came out of the Lowa Tibet for the Beartooth. The Lowa is stiffer. The Beartoth has a slightly thinner nylon last. I am only 165 pounds so they are still stiff for me. The Beartooth is still a stiff boot but fits my needs for the high country better. I am hunting Deer and Elk with flat and steep terrain. I am not in the nasty/shell sheep country.

The Schnees Granite is more like the Tibet or HanWag. Extremely stiff. I liked the Tibet but the comfort level doesn't come close to the Beartooth (for me) not even the same sport.

The fit is very true. I wear same size as i do every other shoe/boot. Keep in mind, I have the uninsulated model and don't wear them past Nov. I wear an insulated pac boot when stand hunting whitetails. If you need insulation (thick socks) you might size up .5 size.

Quality: Second to none. They are an Italian made with eVent. Best out there IMHO

I love them

This is fantastic stuff Jeff! Would you mind if we quoted this for use in some posts and marketing materials?

thank you

Nope,
Go right ahead. And tell Ole Tom I said hello!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boom

WKR
i also wear the Beartooth. mine are the insulated version. i took a chance and strapped them to my feet for a 10-day 50ish mile walk in the woods..fishing. they were barely broken in. i got zero blisters. i have a weird walking style and i am wearing them out unevenly. (from a broken leg healing not quite perfectly i think). they are almost too burly for what i need.

but to illustrate that no boots are perfect for me. i assumed that 10 day stroll would break them in..i took them to the Cleveland National forest, in LA county. it is a horrible deer-less place that is the single hardest hike of my life. it was sidehilling hell...my feet barely survived the blisters. i was taping my feet and changing up lacing methods to try fixing things..but i was too late. i was blistered.

no blisters since. i hate sidehilling forever.

boom

WKR
nobody ever mentions this. the Beartooth laces.

i wear some sort of boot everyday. mostly my danner work boots. i have gone thru a lot of boots. the Beartooth laces are the best ive ever used. they have the perfect "skin" and tension/stretch that make them super secure. once you tie them, they dont come undone ever. i never have to do that double knot.

i know laces are mundane..but i love them on this boot.

bmart2622

WKR
I just ordered a pair of Beartooths yesterday. Im retiring my Hanwag Alaskans after 5 seasons of hard use. I hope I like them, the felt great when I tried them on.

JayPee

FNG
Not the Beartooth, but I have a year now on my absaroka boots and they are hands down the best boots I have had. I have long narrow feet and the fit is excellent. Never had a blister. Schnees has a great quality product

I just got the Beartooth about a month ago. I did a lot of research about boots before making this purchase. Amazing boot! Super high quality and as others have said ultra comfortable. On top of getting a great boot you are also buying from a company that puts the customer first, which is always a great reason to go with a product and for me the ultimate reason for going with Schnee's.

Tradchef

WKR
I have had the beartooth 2 now for a month. Been beating them up pretty good and took them out for their first mule deer hunt last night. They are awesome. They fit really good, feel good, super comfy, easy to maneuver in and have no issues with incline or decline at all. I'm am going to get a third party insole this week as while they feel good I think at least for me it could be a bit more comfy in that department. Anyway suggestions for those would be appreciated. I live in Bozeman and I love to support local businesses. Fortunately we have some of the best in the outdoor industry right in town. I highly recommend Schnees for anything. Customer service is awesome too.