Turning 40 and my feet are still growing?????

ozyclint

WKR
i've just come to the realisation myself that my boots are too small now. i'm 34 and the boots i've had for several years are feeling too small now with my toes hitting the front.

looking at replacing them now.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I wore a 9.5 boot when I was 30 years old. I wore a 10's through my 40's to early 50's and I'm now at a 11+ in my mid-60s. Hell, I'll probably be wearing 12's by the time I'm 80. When do feet quit spreading out?

I thought I was going nuts...used to wear a 9.5 up till age 37 then I became an 11...if only it worked like that when I hit puberty.

oldgoat

WKR
Yeah, that was about the time I started noticing it roughly! They say wearing those five finger shoes, the ones that look like water shoes but have toe slots like gloves for your toes, are supposed to really help keep your feet and arches strong by making your feet work when walking instead of just along for the ride when wearing boots like we all like. Me and the wife both got a pair and yeah they are strange looking but are really really comfortable. Get a pair with the trail tread or the rocks you step on can hurt!

idig4au

WKR
I remembered reading this thread back in the day and thinking that sucks for these guys. Now I get to join the club. :mad: I noticed last season that it felt like my toes were just starting to touch the tips of my boots. I chalked it up to my feet swelling. During my training hikes this spring, starting to feel the same but more pronounced. Decided to try both pairs of my mountaineering boots and my toes are curled. I need to replace. I've got over $1k in boots that need to be replaced. Not happy!!!

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I remembered reading this thread back in the day and thinking that sucks for these guys. Now I get to join the club. :mad: I noticed last season that it felt like my toes were just starting to touch the tips of my boots. I chalked it up to my feet swelling. During my training hikes this spring, starting to feel the same but more pronounced. Decided to try both pairs of my mountaineering boots and my toes are curled. I need to replace. I've got over $1k in boots that need to be replaced. Not happy!!!

I'm going through the same thing - dress shoes, ski boots, snowboard boots, cycling shoes, mountaineering boots, backpacking boots - they all have to be replaced.

Muttly

WKR
Yep, it,s awesome.
Last year or so,.I,'ve turned into the hillbilly Imelda Marcos of boots. Work boots, rubber boots, hiking boots...
My inner cheapskate cusses my feet out fairly often.. making the switch from 13s to 14..