Testing the Crispi Nevada Legend GTX Insulated Boot

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
camping1601, thanks for the heads up and let us know your thoughts on them as you get some use

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
I would be interested in any more info any of you have on these boots too (also looking at the Idahos)
Thanks

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will post so me follow up pics on these boots after a long shed season and 15 days chasing nidaho Bulls. After my second bull packout and someone had a fit bit on I can give a good tally on the abuse these boots took this year. Quick further comments. Super ankle support may be the best I have worn, soles holding up great, still water proof, great lateral support,and very comfy. The rand has serious abuse on both boots and top section of leather above ankle is showing heavy wear. I used boot dryer and obenhaufs and would give my care a 7.9. These boots have taken a pounding this year. If have questions fire away.

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Ross just wanted to see how they held up through the year. I appreciate the review and the update.

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
After a quick tabulation these boots since April have 400+ miles, 900,000+ steps and have climbed 110k feet this year...no wonder I am tired..I used my recent packout on my bull with our friend Sam Millards fit bit to run a total. On that day it was 11 miles, 3100 vertical, 25,000 steps and 3600 calories without gear... I better eat some more!

I would say for what they have accomplished they fared pretty good..and looked like me at this time of year a littered haggered :)

Last edited:

Logan T

WKR
Ross, did you put any Freesole or something similar on the boot where the rand meets the leather at all? I know a lot of people complain (not you) about the rand separating from the leather on Kenetreks but that is one of the first things the guys at Kenetrek say to do when you get their boots. How did the rand on the Crispi's hold up- did they separate from the leather at all?

Edit: As soon as I posted below the pics enlarged and I do see some the rand starting to peel. Not too bad though considering the miles you put on.

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will have to google freesole as that is a new one on me. Indeed they separated from the leather both front and back. Once peeling was a matter of time before the rock and brush tore them up. I guess I may have to do that on my Kenne's....learn something new everyday........on a prior pair of high end boots I used something similar I see on google but did not fair well once the separation started.Also you can see where they are starting below the ran connection to leather starting to fail. This could be from the rand issue or simply I am too old to test them properly :) I will inquire about sole/ran reconstruction in the offseason as they are just now broken in!

Logan T

WKR
Will have to google freesole as that is a new one on me. Indeed they separated from the leather both front and back. Once peeling was a matter of time before the rock and brush tore them up. I guess I may have to do that on my Kenne's....learn something new everyday........

Try it.... My first pair of Kennetreks saw 6 years of abuse and the rand is still bonded all the way around the boots. Just need to put some more on where I finally cut the rand on a rock or stick or something.

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
When I got home from work my new Nevada's were here and I will say that they are the most comfortable boots I have ever put on right out of the box. Haven't done anything in them other than walk to the barn to feed the horses but so far so good.

Thanks again for the review without it I wouldn't have gone this route.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
We've heard more good about these since we posted that review. Be sure and share your experiences with yours after some hard miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkeyeHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone tell me if these boots are crampon or semi crampon compatible? I can't seem to find an answer. Been trying on new boots and these are at the top of my list. Most comfortable boots I've ever tried on straight out of the box.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hawkeye if no one chimes in, try contacting Kendall Card, owner of Crispi. He's on here a lot (owns BlackOvis and Camofire).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whisky

WKR
Is there a Rokslide discount with Black Ovis?. Thinking I need to try the Guides

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
We do offer a Rokslide member discount of 10% off but they will be on sale starting Thursday for 20% off.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone tell me if these boots are crampon or semi crampon compatible? I can't seem to find an answer. Been trying on new boots and these are at the top of my list. Most comfortable boots I've ever tried on straight out of the box.

HawkeyeHunter, None of the Crispi boots we currently offer will accept a step in style crampon. They will work with the strap on style crampons. We are hoping to have a boot that is semi crampon compatible for next season.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
HawkeyeHunter, None of the Crispi boots we currently offer will accept a step in style crampon. They will work with the strap on style crampons. We are hoping to have a boot that is semi crampon compatible for next season.

Sounds awesome! Got any pics or more details? Will this be a enhanced Guide/Hunter style boot or an enhanced Nevada style boot? Or perhaps both?? :)

Eric27

Lil-Rokslider
Would this boots be to hot for September in easter Oregon?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wore them in September in nidaho...temps ran from thirties to high seventies with lots of rain this year. Feet did get warm on the hotter days and sweat more but the comfort was worth it.