Review: Crispi Idaho GTX Boots, by guest writer Dustin Wittwer

WVhillbilly

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my Idaho's, first impression is WOW these things are awesome! Cant wait to get out and try them!!
Setting at my desk at work wearing them like a nerd!

I have 50 miles or so on mine. Best feeling hunting boots I have ever owned and on par with my best hiking boots. Most of my walks back east are comparatively short and not as taxing on footwear as some western hunts. 2-5 miles. Forrest terrain with a little mud and rocks. I did pack out a little forky two miles with probably 100 pounds total load. Stiff enough to handle it. Temps from 30-75 degrees. Not too much sweating. Not insulated but warm enough. I would probably want some insulation if I was going to stay in freezing temps long but that is a personal preference. Durability is the only question left to answer. Sadly, at the rate I getting to add hunting miles it will be a while before I can really speak to that point.

Overall, Very comfortable and zero issues with my feet or the boots. i AM converted and will buy more I am sure.

+1 for blackovis on the purchase.

Last edited:

D_Eightch

WKR
I only have one short walk to and from daycare to pick up my son (my wife thought I was a dork for doing so) and wearing them around the house for an hour or so.

These things are light and comfy! Can't wait to do some hikes with some weight to really test them out and break them in.

I have 50 miles or so on mine. Best feeling hunting boots I have ever owned and on par with my best hiking boots. Most of my walks back east are comparatively short and not as taxing on footwear as some western hunts. 2-5 miles. Forrest terrain with a little mud and rocks. I did pack out a little forky two miles with probably 100 pounds total load. Stiff enough to handle it. Temps from 30-75 degrees. Not too much sweating. Not insulated but warm enough. I would probably want some insulation if I was going to stay in freezing temps long but that is a personal preference. Durability is the only question left to answer. Sadly, at the rate I getting to add hunting miles it will be a while before I can really speak to that point.

Overall, Very comfortable and zero issues with my feet or the boots. i AM converted and will buy more I am sure.

+1 for blackovis on the purchase.

So just amending my post above for posterity. The first pair were doing very well so I bought a second set that were supposed to be wides. The box said they were but the boots were not labled as wides on the tag. They were a lot more narrow than my first pair. After a little Confusion where it wasn't clear if I had wide boots Or not, blackovis took them back and gave me a refund. I like them but I am not sure if I have the confidence to dive back in and buy another pair. I still like my first set so I hope they last.

tito_zako

FNG
hello, for the owners of the Idaho's boots, have you had any issues with durability, specially with seams wearing out? I see a lot of seams at the front of the boot

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
hello, for the owners of the Idaho's boots, have you had any issues with durability, specially with seams wearing out? I see a lot of seams at the front of the boot
I haven't experienced any seam separation or even the slightest sign with my Idaho's after 400+ miles in just over 1 year.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Slim Jim

WKR
I love Crispi boots. But I will say that I had a few issues with the Idaho’s and Wyoming’s. Both pairs of the boots goretex leaked during the first season of use and the laces would squeak when hiking. I now own the Colorado’s and they are the best boots I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned A LOT of boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dltemple

FNG
I love Crispi boots. But I will say that I had a few issues with the Idaho’s and Wyoming’s. Both pairs of the boots goretex leaked during the first season of use and the laces would squeak when hiking. I now own the Colorado’s and they are the best boots I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned A LOT of boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im seeing a lot of reviews stating the same about leaking in the Idaho and Wyoming. I going Turkey hunting in South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming this April. I'm leaning towards the Nevada just not sure I need insulated or not I know there can be snow there.