steel toe boots ?

yes im aware that this is a hunting forum but hoping that some of you have to wear them for work and have some good suggestions

I work 12 hours a day on concrete so I need a good comfortable boot, light weight and water proof with a steel/composite toe.
don't want some big heavy clunky heavy boot either. more of a hiker height.

what are your suggestions?

I wear Keens that have a big rubber covered toe, and Hypalon part way up the foot as well. They have been my favorites so far. They're waterproof and fairly warm for an uninsulated boot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dezurtrat

FNG
check out hoffman boot company .. they carry a steel toe meindl that i wear for work absolutely amazing with some super feet insoles.

moplunk

FNG
I go with Ariat work hog h2o wide square comp toes. They're really comfy western style slipons but may be heavier than you're looking for. I have a narrow foot with a wide toe splay so finding boots for wedge shape feet is tough.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Muttly

WKR
Take a look at Hoffman's site. I wear their lineman boots, which are the big heavy clunky sort, but they have a lot of lighter boots on there as well.
Ran a pair of Danner Quarry boots into the ground, with a thick, sorta spongy insole, they were more comfy on asphalt or concrete than sneakers.
Looking at the new ones online, you can get the Quarries with the thick foam soles. No experience with those, don't know if they would hold up or if concrete would chew them up in under a year..

JFK

WKR
I have a pair of the newer Danner Quarry's in the 6 inch model. Love em'. Mine aren't steel toe but they make them in steel or composite toe. They do require some break in though. Good looking pair of boots too.

JFK

WKR
Should have also mentioned Redback slip ons. Bunch of guys wear those at my fire department and all say they are extremely comfortable. They come with a safety toe as well.

4ester

WKR
I've had a few different types over the years. I hated the Danner Quarries with a passion. Wolverines also sucked. Ariat makes a damn good boot, but not exactly what you are looking for. Keen makes a very nice hiker. Had Justin's before that were quite comfy. Some guys also swear by Doc Martins and Redwings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll have to do some looking around and see what I like.

jmez

WKR
Check out the Wolverine Raider. Comes in a ST model. I'm on concrete all day and found these to be a very comfortable boot. I've had both good and bad luck with Wolverine but love these boots. They also have a 30 day guarantee. If after 30 days you don't think they are the most comfortable boot you have worn, take them back and will give a full refund, no questions asked.

boom

WKR
i am a construction engineer. i am on my feet all day around heavy construction.

i went thru a lot of boots to finally arrive at "the ones".

i wear Danner Quarry 6" boots. they have a steel toe/composite toe version i think. but i dont need the protection.

The best safety toe boots I have ever owned were danners made for the air force. They had a composite toe and were waterproof, the only problem was that the sole was a little one the soft side. I've also owned the quarry boots mentioned above and would buy them again if i had to have steel toed.

j-bow

Lil-Rokslider
Been through a lot of different brands. Thorogoods are the go to boot for a lot of tradesmen in our area. Made in Wisconsin. Comfy right of the box, and last longer than any boots I have owned. Check out unionbootpro website. Best prices I have found

Hike2hunt

FNG
I wear muck chores ST's. and they do t break the bank. I drive a pump truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been wearing the Danner Vicious composite toe for about 4 months now and they are very comfortable. I work in a power plant 12 hour shifts. Ive tried other Danner composite toe and various other brands but these are the best I've come across. You can pick them up on sale for around $120.

akshayv

Banned
I suffer from chronic foot pain, due to Plantar Fasciitis. At times, it keeps me from being as active as I would like. My family was planning a hiking trip up Mt. LeConte in memory of my father & I was determined to to go. The Orthofeet shoes worked great! I would recommend them to anyone with foot pain. We love them. The way they are constructed really eliminates heel pain. So happy to have found them.