Darn Tough Socks

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
full cushion boot for me hunting; they come up to the lower calf and are warm

I use the mountaineering ones (over the calf) for extreme cold

1/4 cushion for trail running/hiking

I think I own close to 20 pairs of DT socks; like a previous poster I wear these 365 days a year- over the last ten years I've probably had to return maybe 6-8 pairs

Titan

WKR
I realize the thread is a little old, but thought I would share for those who love Darn Tough socks -

My wife forced me into TJ Maxx and I saw that they carry factory 2nds Darn Tough Socks. Bought 5-6 pairs for $10 or so each. They don't carry the warranty, but at that price it's worth the chance. Couldn't find any issues with any of the socks.

My feet sweat a ton so I found with the full cushion socks, I had more movement near my heel which caused more friction. I recently bought a couple pair of the light cushion version and there is a HUGE difference in the friction caused by my sweaty feet. I think those will work best for me.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
I just caught a going out of business sale at gander mountain and got 12 pairs of various smartwool socks for $20.

I hear great things about these darn tough socks. Smartwools are nice but they fall apart fairly quick for me. I just need some sales on those darn tough socks.