Kenetrek hardscrambles, Lowa tibets, zamberaln guide gtx??

trkyslr

WKR
Kenetrek hardscrambles, Lowa tibets, zamberaln guide gtx???
so I'm forgetting the crispis and looking at these 3 for September back country elk boot. Any info on all of these or why one is better then other would be appreciated. Sorry I don't have time to read back for every thread on these boots so need some responses.. I have a wide 11.5 or normal width 12 boot size and high arch that I fix with insoles. I've been wearing scraps charmoz last year and they good boot but just a tad too stiff and heavy so looking at other options.

wildcat33

WKR
Tibets and Guide GTX are very similar boots. Ive had both. Tibets are a little wider and more generous in the toe area. Both are super high quality. The one that fits you better is the better boot. I'll catch hell for this, but the Kennetreks Ive hand lack the construction sophistication and fit precision that some of the more established brands have. My opinion is that they are WAY overpriced for what they are.

View attachment 47474
View attachment 47475
View attachment 47476

Been wearing the schnees outlook now for three or four weeks every day use around the plantation and am very happy with them. Was a hard core hardscrabble guy, having had more than one pair, but after the last pair suddenly got super tight across top of foot , just like the previous pair did, decided to try something else. So far these have not changed much other than to loosen up a bit and get more comfy. Extra room in toes is what really impresses me with these. Yes they are stiff. Yes they are heavy. The support and stability for me makes them my edu.

AlaskaEd

WKR
I love my Zamberlan guides, extremely comfortable. I wear them as my everyday boot in the summer. I have a buddy that loves his Lowas. Another long time hunter friend loves his Kennetreks. I was never a fan of the Kennetreks, just seems to me they've been surpassed by the more advanced hiking boots from The other Europeans. Tons of folks love them though. I'd say get whichever one you can try on locally and fits you best. Can't really go wrong that way.