Salomon Quest 4d vs. Lowa Camino

sneek-ee

WKR
Curious if many people use the Caminos. Or people that have used both to compare.
I've used the 4ds plenty so I don't need info about them, more looking to compare the fit of the Caminos to the Salomon and durability and function.
Not looking for a stiff boot even though I've been,told the Camino is stiffer.
I wish the Camino was as light as the 4d. I want mobility and a good fit in the heel and toe. Salomon does pretty well, wish the toe box was a tad bigger is all.
I don't really have a reason to change from the Salomon besides curiousity and I like the looks of the Camino.

Has anyone tried both. And for those with the Camino. How's the heel and toe area fit?

Thanks!

Run the 4d's and had the Caminos for a few short hikes. The Caminos had a very sloppy heel pocket, uphill would bash my heel something fierce. I was bummed because they looked like a solid boot. I sent them back.

kipper09

WKR
Interested in this as well. I wear the salomons and scarpa kinesis. Looking for something in the middle. Lathrop and sons suggested the Camino after talking to them. Said they are in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious if many people use the Caminos. Or people that have used both to compare.
I've used the 4ds plenty so I don't need info about them, more looking to compare the fit of the Caminos to the Salomon and durability and function.
Not looking for a stiff boot even though I've been,told the Camino is stiffer.
I wish the Camino was as light as the 4d. I want mobility and a good fit in the heel and toe. Salomon does pretty well, wish the toe box was a tad bigger is all.
I don't really have a reason to change from the Salomon besides curiousity and I like the looks of the Camino.

Has anyone tried both. And for those with the Camino. How's the heel and toe area fit?

Thanks!

I tried the Camino last spring and they never made it out of the house. A wide is narrower in the toe box than the same size salomon by a good amount. Heel pocket in the salomon is far better than the Camino. I really wanted to like the Camino but they just didn't work for me.

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
I have had very good luck with the caminos. Probably one of the most comfortable boots that I've owned and they've held up well.

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had 3 pairs of the 4ds and am currently using the Camino for my hunting boot now. As said, camino is much narrower. Mine are not the wide fit and I believe that would be my better fit, but after a few miles they have formed nicely to my foot and I enjoy them. Stiffer than the 4ds, which I enjoy for backcountry elk hunts. Much more durable than the 4ds I have had. I really like the comfort of the 4ds, but I can't seem to keep them together past about 3-4 months of use when I go from hunting season to just work. So far I have kept the caminos to strictly hunting, and they have held up nicely for 2 seasons. I'd guess I probably have 120 miles or so on mine. In my opinion the camino is a much higher quality boot, as for fit that is up to you and your foot.

i had a pair of camino, and really liked them, they were 1/2 size small so i sold and got the ticamII, its a awesome boot as well, a little wider than the camino, but a very light feeling. i also bought the baffin LL and it is very comfortable, a little heavier but the LL is awesome and so much more comfortable than GTX.
i did buy some 4d as well and they are comfy, i feel the sole is soft, so waking on rocky ground could potentially bruise my foot, i can tell they just won't be as durable as the leather lowa boots. I'm going to send them back. and keep an eye out for a LL camino going on sale
I'm sure for most normal arched feet people the solomon is perfect, its a weird boot for my foot, wide in the tow box which i like, but very narrow in the mid foot for high arches, which i don't have...
i think as usual make sure you get something that fits your foot perfectly and don't worry what anyone else is pimping or wearing, its my number 1 priority getting good fitting boots. watch out for the custom foot gimmicks as well, not always what they seem..... just buy a bunch of boots and keep wearing them around house till you get one that puts a smile on your face.
i think the tibet is a awesome boot as well, a little heavy but a do all boot, LL is the way to go with gaiters....

Last edited: