New Lathrop & Sons Mountain Hunter & Mountain Hunter Elite Boots

I started breaking mine in this weekend, did about an hour on a treadmill at incline, then lifted weights in them on Saturday. They felt good, no issues, so I bravely put them on my feet for a 8 mile hike on Sunday with +3k feet in elevation gain and they were perfectly fine. I did have to re-lace about 3 miles into the trip, but then never touched them again. I was really impressed on the downhill, my toes never hit the front of the boot, and on some super steep slippery stuff they handled it beautifully.

To answer the stiffness question...They aren't as stiff as I thought they would be, but they are pretty stiff. They walk on flat ground great, but do great on steep as well. They are stiffer than Crispi Nevadas, probably close to Iowa Tibets from what I remember (haven't worn the Lowa's in 2-3 years).

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
Just bringing this thread back up, its been over a yr now since these have come out and curious if the results are still positive? I need a good sheep hunting boot and seriously looking at the mountain hunter. I had the hanwags and they just didn't fit my feet (wider foot narrow boot), I just got some crispi thor's which are a good boot but not going to work for me, just not enough ankle support. They are nice and light and the most comfy boot I've ever had and will do great for summer hiking and packs under 50lbs but don't think they'll hold up to 20 plus days in the steep mountains or my ankles won't, IMO. I'm curious if anyone with wider feet have tried the mountain hunters and the feedback on them???partially why I like the thor's is they come in EE width.

BRWNBR

WKR
I wore a EE width and contacted the lathrop boys. They took a size half size bigger and molded the elite hunter boot to fit my foot. So far so good. Still in the break in process but I like the boots. They fit more like a glove and my old meindel Alaskans fit more like a mitten that I was stuffing with socks to get a better fit. I thinned down my socks for the elite hunter boot.