New Lathrop & Sons Mountain Hunter & Mountain Hunter Elite Boots

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Roksliders!
These have been under wraps during the pre-release but we finally have the info. Long time Rokslide sponsor Lathrop & Sons have been in the boot business for decades so I'm glad to see them releasing their own line...

Two boots in Mountain Hunter and Mountain Hunter Elite

attachment.php

More info at:

L&S MOUNTAIN HUNTER™ - Hunting Boots - Mens Footwear
&
L&S MOUNTAIN HUNTER ELITE™ - Hunting Boots - Mens Footwear

Looks like you save a few bucks during the pre-book.

Just FYI, Rokslide staff writers Jared Bloomgren and Brock Akers will be posting their thoughts and experiences on this line soon, so be sure and subscribe to this thread at "Thread Tools" top of post so you don't miss a thing...

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Been watching their teasers for the last week on IG, I'm good on boots for now but it has my interest for the future.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got their customers boot kit to send in, maybe I'll end up with these this season.

Their mobile site needs some help...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
Is the boot built on the same last as the Lowa Tech lites?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

These are great people to work with . They helped me select a boot since I have a bad left foot from a car accident years ago. They are only two hours away so I dealt with them personally. I also received their newsletter explaining the new boot line.

Lathrop & Sons Boot Co. on Vimeo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wildcat33

WKR
I'm usually mad ranting about how boots are too heavy and expensive for what most hunters actually need but the mtn hunter could be amazing.

Edit re: elite hunter - since they are basically an ice climbing boot I'm going to guess they are hopelessly stiff. Hopefully the mtn hunter has some decent flexibility.

Expensive yes, but the quality of "premium" brands has been in decline for a good long while (I'm looking at you la sportiva) so they could be a good value if quality is high, which it appears it is.

Made by Lowa?????

Last edited:
These look to be within the same price point as the Kenetrek mountain extreme boots.

I haven't worn out my Tech Lite hunters yet either.

Clarktar

WKR
There seems to be a lot of similarities to Lowa Tech lites

There seems to be a lot of similarities to Lowa Tech lites

Lathrop and Son helped design the Tech Lites that Lowa built. They were only available through Lathrop.

Clarktar

WKR
I thought the Tech Lites were the same as the Lowa cevedale gtx, and Lathrop & Sons (along with snyder) just did some color changing. But I could be missing some key differences...