Schnee's Customer Service Experience

Sam Walton once said:
“There is only one boss – the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.”

In an age of faceless internet shopping it seems as if customer service has been slipping as of late. No doubt even this forum is riddled with experiences of lack-luster service and the resulting angry and disappointed customers. I'm no different. That is why I try to deal locally, deal with live people, and do my research. Research is key for me. I tend to research my research if you know what I mean.

Case and point...earlier this year I was in need (and subsequently in search of) a pair of new boots. I went through endless articles, posts, and conversations with others trying to narrow down my choice. Eventually I settled on a pair of Schnee's Beartooth un-insinuated boots. I have had a pair of their pack boots for sometime and have enjoyed them. I knew their service was good but now they have gone above and beyond.

The folks at Schnee's were very helpful in deciding between the Beartooth and the more aggressive Granite. Ultimately I settled on the Beartooth. The boots arrived and I was extremely impressed with fit, comfort, and functionality. I loved every aspect of them....EXCEPT...

The boots had a weird break point on my right foot. When crouching down, the front lace loop bit into my toe...hard. This caused extreme discomfort and was concerning. I could see myself crawling after a buck of a lifetime only to pull up due to the pain. It was that bad. Interestingly, the breakpoint on the boot was only on my right foot. My left foot is slightly (ever so slightly) bigger than my right and thus no pinch.

In January I attended the Dallas Safari Club and took my boots with me. I visited the good folks at Schnee's and presented my problem. After numerous pairs of Beartooth boots (all having the same pinch point on my right foot) I was upgraded to a pair of Granite boots. I said UPGRADED....no extra cost...no fuss... You see....the Granite's fit me perfect. No pinch...no pain...no questions asked...

That my friends is customer service....My new boots had to be made...none in stock at the time...and I received them this past week. I couldn't be happier. This past weekend I wore them for the first time around the ranch. I am extremely impressed and am in love with them. Not only did I get a new pair of boots but I became a lifelong customer.

If you are on the fence about buying a pair of boots...do you your research...talk to a live person...and give Schnee's a call.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sam Walton once said:
“There is only one boss – the customer....

Thank you for your business! We are a family owned Montana business and appreciate your support. And thank you for the kind words and taking the time to write this post. I will forward this to everyone here at Schnee's. We all try very hard to make sure our customers are 100% satisfied. If you ever need any help in the future, feel free to PM me on here. I try to check Rokslide often.

Thanks
Matt

boom

WKR
I love schnees. First they didn't blitzkreig me with promotional emails afterwards. And they sent me my beartooths telling me to hike with them and send them back if they didn't work out. They're my first more expensive hunt boots I bought. And online made me nervous.

Beastmode

WKR
Have had great experiences from schnees every time I get something from them. Very helpful people for sure. Never had to use their customer support but I would imagine it is second to none. Great people and great products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wojo14

WKR
I have been looking at Schness for my next boot.
I live and hunt in the Eastern part of the country.
I mainly hunt white tail with my longbow.
We are going to hit the backcountry hard this fall. WV and PA.
Anyway, I have a problem with my feet staying warm while in a stand or a still hunt. Muc Boots are combersome and my feet sweat, I have 1200 gr insulate hunters fron Cabelas. They are ok.
I was thinking about Schness pack boots. I have a nice pair of Scarpa's, but they are super stiff. Great for hiking many miles, but not so practical for my hunting. Plus they are not insulated.
I want warm, quite on stocks, and able to support me and pack. My pack is approx 25 pounds going in. Hopefully have meat on way out.
Sorry to high jack the tread.
~Wojo

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I love schnees. First they didn't blitzkreig me with promotional emails afterwards. And they sent me my beartooths telling me to hike with them and send them back if they didn't work out. They're my first more expensive hunt boots I bought. And online made me nervous.

Thanks for your business Boom! We hope your Beartooths serve you well.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have had great experiences from schnees every time I get something from them. Very helpful people for sure. Never had to use their customer support but I would imagine it is second to none. Great people and great products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're here to help if you ever need us!

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have been looking at Schness for my next boot.
I live and hunt in the Eastern part of the country.
I mainly hunt white tail with my longbow.
We are going to hit the backcountry hard this fall. WV and PA.
Anyway, I have a problem with my feet staying warm while in a stand or a still hunt. Muc Boots are combersome and my feet sweat, I have 1200 gr insulate hunters fron Cabelas. They are ok.
I was thinking about Schness pack boots. I have a nice pair of Scarpa's, but they are super stiff. Great for hiking many miles, but not so practical for my hunting. Plus they are not insulated.
I want warm, quite on stocks, and able to support me and pack. My pack is approx 25 pounds going in. Hopefully have meat on way out.
Sorry to high jack the tread.
~Wojo

Our 10in or 13in Hunter II's should treat you well. I have a pair of the 13in height. They are warm with a regular sock, but when I put on a good wool sock, my feet stay plenty warm in below 0 temps here in Montana. If you need any help or have questions, feel free to PM me.

Matt

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Schnee's boots were (are) the de facto boots for Montana game wardens. The quality and workmanship, wide range of boots and as mentioned above, the customer service, puts them in a league of their own. I know some folks balk a little at price, but I have two pairs of packs that are approaching 20 years old and when the do finally give up the ghost- they're fully rebuildable.