Post Thanks / Like

Crispi or Scarpa ??

Trying to decide which boot to run with for this season debating Crispi or Scarpa.. ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody else can answer that for you - run whichever one works for your foot better. Buy a couple pairs of each in different sizes, try them on the treadmill at the gym, keep the pair you like best, return the others.

3. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input !!!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, I have a super old pair of scarpas that probably have a thousand miles on them. They're no good for the mountains anymore, but I still wear them around town all the time. I later bought a pair of fuegos and hated everything about them. Wound up returning them. Bought my first pair of crispis about a year ago skeptically because the price was super right and I love them just as much as the old scarps. I have also been blessed with incredibly "normal" feet and almost any high quality boot works for me. Almost.

Boots are something that unfortunately (because good ones are so damned expensive) that you just have to figure out by trial and error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks !!

9. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never had either but have heard more positive about the Crispi's then the Scarpa's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    what pair of crispis did you pick ?

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had great luck with Scarpas. In fact, my last 2 pairs have been Scarpas. I use and abuse them at work plus use them on sheep, mtn goat, elk, and deer hunts. They have held up better than any other boot that I've punished on my feet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Crispi makes very good boots. I've worn the Idahos and will be buying another pair of Crispis this summer.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally decided to quit wearing cheap boots. Was torn between kenetrek and crispi, went with the crispi Nevada legends and have had them about a week.

I wear them around town and put about 16 miles on them while shed hunting. So far I am very pleased, wasn't much of a break in. I struggle with boots fitting comfortably which is why i used to buy cheap and replace almost every year trying different brands. I don't know anything about scarpa but most guys I know are wearing kenetrek. I really like the crispis tho and plan to pick up a pair of the Hunters when I find the funds.

18. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got an email from Kuiu the other day, they are selling the Scarpa Grand Dru for a hundred bucks off.. I,'ve been wearing a pair of those since last spring, pretty much wear em every where.
    Went from the Lowa GTX hunters to the Scarpa,s and I don't seem to be missing the Lowa,.
    That being said, try on as many different pairs as you can that fit the defined parameters. If they don't fit right, yer gonna be an unhappy camper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttly View Post
    Got an email from Kuiu the other day, they are selling the Scarpa Grand Dru for a hundred bucks off.. I,'ve been wearing a pair of those since last spring, pretty much wear em every where.
    Went from the Lowa GTX hunters to the Scarpa,s and I don't seem to be missing the Lowa,.
    That being said, try on as many different pairs as you can that fit the defined parameters. If they don't fit right, yer gonna be an unhappy camper.
    Were the Grand Dru's tough to break in? Have you run the Grand Dru's in regular terrain? I'm considering buying them since they are on a heavy discount on Kuiu's outlet

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very new to the Grand Dru club, coming off Asolo 520s. True to size, I can wear anybody's 12 and these fit. The grab your heel and won't let go, it's impressive. Did 8 moderate trail miles in them this weekend without any blisters or memorable hot spots. That said it will be a challenge to get them truly broken in before season. It's a hell of a lot boot for the price ($249!!) Almost embarrassingly so, its like driving a HMMWV to the trailhead. I was eating breakfast and overheard a neighboring table commenting on my boot, in Crested Butte of all places!

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontius View Post
    I'm very new to the Grand Dru club, coming off Asolo 520s. True to size, I can wear anybody's 12 and these fit. The grab your heel and won't let go, it's impressive. Did 8 moderate trail miles in them this weekend without any blisters or memorable hot spots. That said it will be a challenge to get them truly broken in before season. It's a hell of a lot boot for the price ($249!!) Almost embarrassingly so, its like driving a HMMWV to the trailhead. I was eating breakfast and overheard a neighboring table commenting on my boot, in Crested Butte of all places!
    I do a mix of terrain and ultimately looking for a boot that I can walk a logging road or mild trail and be comfortable. At the same time when I hit the mountains here in the PNW I want something that can handle the side hilling and the loose terrain in the heavy timber we have here. Most of what I have read is that they are way to stiff for what I am looking for, but at that price its hard to not want to at least try them out

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried a set of the Grand Dru GTXs on and found them to be the most comfortable boot I have ever tried on. However, the sole has zero flex, like a ski boot, and would be way to stiff for my needs. This boot will more then handle what it was designed for, technical hunting on steep, rocky hills!!!