Assolo Fugitive GTX. good boot for hunting prairie mule deer?

I posted a few days ago on boots for hunting mule deer in South Dakota. Since then i have been looking at various different boots, brands. Would the Assolo Fugitive GTX make a good stalking/ hiking boot? Leather to keep the cactus at bay. Good choice, yay or nay?

Do they fit you good with locked in heel and no hot spots? Do your feet and ankles feel properly supported in them? If so you will be just fine although maybe more stiff than what you'll most likely require. I just recently tried a pair. I have a narrow heel, high arch and wider forefoot. Couldn't get my heel locked in as well as I would like so back they went. Seemed like a decent quality boot just not for my foot.

Like Ohio Darin said, fit is the most important part.

For me the Fugitive's fit great. I've worn them for over 10 years in every condition imaginable (even when I should have worn something else). Below 0* snowshoeing, climbing mountains in the lower 48, fighting terrorism in the middle east and everything in between. I love them as they are durable and provide plenty of stability even under a load. They are stiff enough that your ankles arent rolling all over the place, but flexible in the sole to make putting on miles less taxing than a completely rigid mountaineering boot. The goretex lining works well to keep your feet dry from low creek crossings and dew on the grass. If I had one complaint it would be that they are a bit hot in the summer time for me.

OP
S
Thanks guys! And thank you JollyRoger for fighting for this country!!! Hats off brother.

neffa3

FNG
They are the best all-around boots I've ever worn. But I'm not sure how great they'd protect you from cactus.

deadwolf

WKR
I have a pair of these and absolutely love them for hiking, as well as hunting (in the right conditions). I have worn them in both Montana and Wyoming mule deer hunting. I would recommend them a thousand times over if they fit your feet well and your hunting will be early season to mid season, I think they'd be a good fit. I work with a few former PJ's who used them, as well as some SF guys, so I figured if they were giving them a recommendation they must be alright. I'll likely grab another pair just for when these wear out. My only complaint and not really even a complaint, is that I wish they had a rubber rand that went all the way around the boot, but I seem to want that in every boot these days.