Schnee's Hunter II Pac Boot Rebuild & video

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I've been wearing these boots for 10 seasons now. I noticed they're getting tired and time for their second rebuild. Shot a quick video on what wear to look for. Shipping them to Schnee's today (3/21). They fix them right in Bozeman. I'll post up how long it takes, cost, final product etc, so subscribe at "Thread Tools" top of this post to follow.

This rebuild process is what saves you $ on these.

For those of you new to the Hunter II, here's a Rokslide review from a few years back

Schnee's Hunter II Pac Boot Review

Here's a link to Schnee's. Mine are the 7"
SCHNEES Hunter II pac boots

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I sent those boots in 3/21 and just got notification that they'll be here Monday 4/3, so about a two-week turnaround time. I've always wondered what happened once my boots arrived in Bozeman so Matt @ Schnees and I put together a 1-minute video on the process:

[video=youtube_share;bbdlOwWkJxQ]http://youtu.be/bbdlOwWkJxQ[/video]

Neat process to see those hard-working hands do their thing. Can't wait to get the boots back. I've killed many of my big bucks in cold weather when these boots are a must. Can't believe I'm still wearing them a decade after purchase.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Also, Schnee's does offer a liner replacement for a reasonable price at the rebuild. I got 10 seasons out of that first pair of liners and will be installing new ones after this rebuild. I ordered them two years ago as I was sure these were about to fail, but they limped along till now.

bhylton

WKR
thats why you spend a few extra bucks for a hand built, USA built boot. Really neat video of the rebuild Robby, thanks for posting

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
thats why you spend a few extra bucks for a hand built, USA built boot. Really neat video of the rebuild Robby, thanks for posting

You're right! I often forget when I'm shopping myself about the whole USA thing. I think about the US made hunting products I've owned over the years and most have been very good. I wish there were more. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhylton

WKR
I'm the same way. All the old hand me down clothes from my dad I first hunted in were what he started hunting in around 1975. Alot of that old made in USA stuff is still around and usefully, not "cool" but functioning. Can't say that about most things made oversees.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
After more than a decade of hard use I sent my pacs back to Schnees for a rebuild. Workmanship is fantastic. That said, the replacement bottoms do not fit my feet. The design of the bottom is different. My boots went from a slice of Heaven and without question the nicest hunting pac boots I have ever worn to unuseable. The new bottom looks extremely functional and well designed and as I said, the workmanship second to none. I need to reach out to Schnnes and see if they have a recommendation for a solution. Hope the rebuild works for you!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Schnee's Hunter II Pac Boot Rebuild & video

After more than a decade of hard use I sent my pacs back to Schnees for a rebuild. Workmanship is fantastic. That said, the replacement bottoms do not fit my feet. The design of the bottom is different. My boots went from a slice of Heaven and without question the nicest hunting pac boots I have ever worn to unuseable. The new bottom looks extremely functional and well designed and as I said, the workmanship second to none. I need to reach out to Schnnes and see if they have a recommendation for a solution. Hope the rebuild works for you!

Dude! Get those boots back to them! That don't sound right at all. I can't imagine they would stick you with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
Yep, will do. I have been negligent in giving them an opportunity in helping me find a solution. Their customer service is fantastic. I am a Schnees fan and love their products and their customer service and need to reach out to them this week and see what i can find to work.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
After more than a decade of hard use I sent my pacs back to Schnees for a rebuild. Workmanship is fantastic. That said, the replacement bottoms do not fit my feet. The design of the bottom is different. My boots went from a slice of Heaven and without question the nicest hunting pac boots I have ever worn to unuseable. The new bottom looks extremely functional and well designed and as I said, the workmanship second to none. I need to reach out to Schnee's and see if they have a recommendation for a solution. Hope the rebuild works for you!

This is an interesting problem. I haven't heard of this issue, but I would really like to resolve it for you? Pm me any more details if you can. (Year of Purchase, Year of rebottom, etc)

Matt

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
forgot to post the updated video of the rebuild at Schnee's. I like those hard-working hands: