Sorry, another salomon quest 4d thread

Agross

WKR
I didn't want to hijack the other thread and ask questions and I have done a search already. These boots don't come in wide sizes , but are a little wider than a lot of the other brands from what I have read? There is nobody close to me that carries these so I would like to buy the correct size the first time. I would be getting these for a September Montana elk hunt next year. And would like to get something soon to break in and train in. I am slowly trying to gather gear , but on a budget.
I wear 10.5 wide in work boots , and 11 wide in almost all other shoes. So do those that have these, think I should try an 11, or perhaps an 11.5? Or are there similar boots that are as good in the same price range . I have heard amazon will put the, on sale for around 120$ so I have been watching. I'm a flat lander from Michigan so I don't have any experience with the hiking/ mountain type boots.

I bought and returned two pairs. They were wide on me (skinny sz 13). They hurt my feet bad. I wanted to like those boots, but they are the most uncomfortable boot I've ever worn.

Buy from REI or somewhere else with unconditional returns.

wyosteve

WKR
The 4Ds have been my 'go to' boot for several years now. They fit true to size, but you might want to go up the half size to 11.5 if you wear heavier socks while hunting.

Graves14

WKR
I found them to run a bit small. I have a wider footbox and a normal heel. I have to go 1/2 size up to get a good fit. They still ended up not working out because the arch in the foot bed is rather pronounced and for my foot, was in the wrong place. It HURT. So on to something else but they were good boots.

LostArra

WKR
My wife is a shoe buying professional and for sizing/fit issues especially with her running shoes,she may order two or three pairs from Zappos. Their shipping is very fast and the return system is simple. If one pair fits and their price isn't out of line, she keeps that pair and returns the others.
If the fit isn't right or the price is outrageous she'll return them all and wait for a sale somewhere or go to a different shoe. Zappos doesn't seem to mind because they send her specials all the time.

(The Salomon Quests work great for my feet. I order a half size up.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear 10.5 in 4d and 11 in most others but I have narrow feet. I would say they fit true to size.

wildcat33

WKR
I wear 10.5 and my 4Ds are 10.5 and fit me very well. I have a fairly narrow foot. So... No, I dont think they would fit a wide foot well unless you could get away with sizing up. Like others said, you could buy a couple sizes and return them.

CDNPO

FNG
I am measured as a 10EE and the 10wide were perfect. If I was running a very thin sock, I could have likely gotten away with the regular width, but since I use these for late seasons, I wanted room for real socks.

boom

WKR
I went to REI today to replace my Lowa Renegades..I tried the Salomans on a whim and felt they were the perfect striffness up.. I wear tens and they fit. I tried the half side up and they fit better. I had thinner running socks on. I just hope the laces aren't so slippery they keep coming undone. At least they are cheap to swap out.

I go back and forth, depending on the brand, between a 11 and 11.5. I went with the 11.5 in the 4d and they fit great. I do have a wide foot and normally order a wide with other brands.

OP
A

Agross

WKR
Well I I took the plunge and finally bought a pair. Unfortunately they are getting returned. I did size up a half size and went with the 11.5. That was definitely needed . However they are still just a little to narrow. I really wanted these boots to fit. Like the looks of em and they seem well built, but they hurt my feet after only a couple minutes. I really wish they made these in wides. Thought I would update this in case anyone else is in the same boat I was . Guess I'm back to square one. Anyone know of a similar alternative ?